"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forum Software Update

Started by Dennis Markham, December 21, 2013, 07:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

Adam,

There are several of us that have had to have assistance finding these settings.  I looked quite carefully and couldn't find it until someone laid out the steps for me.

Dennis Markham

The changes are new to us all.  One just has to look around a little and discover the differences.  There are some good improvements over the old version.  Eventually they will become familiar.

Contempra

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 31, 2013, 09:56:49 AM
The changes are new to us all.  One just has to look around a little and discover the differences.  There are some good improvements over the old version.  Eventually they will become familiar.

yes because i'm here since more a year and htis is the first time I can receive an email for what I suscribed and I also think about the color between the old and the new forum....The day and the night :D.. thank you Dennis Markham. You think to us all...sorry for the bad English...

wds

Is it possible to delete a topic that I've created?  I started one, then tried to delete it since it was in the wrong category.  I hit the delete button, but it's still there.
Dave

DavePEI

Quote from: wds on December 31, 2013, 01:13:37 PM
I started one, then tried to delete it since it was in the wrong category.
Am I safe to assume it was the one about tip pliers? If so, I moved it to the tool area... I have a pair of these, too...

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

wds

Yes - so can I assume that we can not delete a topic once it is posted?
Dave

DavePEI

Quote from: wds on December 31, 2013, 01:52:01 PM
Yes - so can I assume that we can not delete a topic once it is posted?
I stand to be corrected, but I believe you used to be able to - you can delete a post. But if I remember correctly, a while back, someone decided to delete a bunch of topics he had posted in, including other's postings, so that ability was removed...

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

wds

Ok, I remember that now.  thanks for moving my Pliers topic to the correct category.
Dave

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 30, 2013, 04:33:56 PM
David, looks like we both posted at the same time.  That ought to do it.

Good thing it isn't a toggle on/off function or Adam would have reversed it twice and have been wondering why it didn't change!

Terry