Quote from: Kennyc1955 on June 13, 2010, 03:02:38 PM
mine had the origonal dial in it but it wos tore up soo i put a WE dial in mine

Kenny;
Do you still have the original dial.
Do you want to sell it ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

sorry i already threw it out. one of the dumbest things i did mine was dated 9-55
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

Quote from: Jim S. on June 12, 2010, 08:15:48 PM
Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 12, 2010, 08:14:03 PM
An

When was the earliest W.E. license for the 500 design authorised by W.E. ?

D/P

I am thinking  the 1956 consent decree opened up the design for copying.
Jim

Kellogg mike told me that they started making these in 1954 with gumdrop handsets and switched to the regular G style in 1956 or 57  i cant remember which
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
We learn, never throw anything away.
Yes mine was made in 1954.
D/P

Kenny C

D/P you have one of the earliest WE sets and one of the earliest Kellogg 500's. Lucky
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Yeah Kenny you learn to never throw anything away, it can all possibly be used later.  I learned that the hard way as well, tossing stuff early on that I wish I had now. :P 

paul-f

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 13, 2010, 04:46:31 PM
Yes mine was made in 1954.

How do you date it?  There usually aren't many dates on Kellogg sets.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

Paul;
Maybe my imagination, but the network appears to say 5 or 6-54.
D/P

Kenny C

my network says:NET.P-75335
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Well the phone came today, and frankly I got screwed. The Network, Dial, and line switch are all vintage W.E. replacements.
Can someone post photos of the inside of yours so i can see what I should have gotten.
The shell and handset are in exceptionally nice condition. Are the insides of the banjo phone, and the later 500 clone by Kellogg the same ?
Photos of the clone would be nice to see also.
Thanks;
D/P

Dennis Markham

Dan, I'll have to take some fresh shots of my black DK500.  I'll report back........

Dennis Markham

Dan, here are some photos of the inside of this DK500.  It has a network date of 11/1953.  The ringer mounts a bit differently than the 500's.  On the left side a mounting bracket slides over a post.  It screws down on the opposite side.  As you can see this one has a frequency ringer.  This phone has not been refurbished.  If there are any angles I didn't show that you want to see, let me know.  I left them large so you can click on them and see more detail.

This model has a straight handset cord. 

The dial mounts with 3-point attachment, like the early W.E. 500's.

Dan/Panther

OK guys, I need everyone to look at these photos and tell me if this is authentic K500 or other manufacturers.
I will say that the line switch, and the network could be Kellogg, but the ringer for sure seems suspect.
The pdf I downloaded shows slightly different configuration than your model Dennis, the second year of production could they have made changes to allow for the two screws on the ringer. The second bracket on my frame seems original.

D/P

paul-f

D/P:  Before giving up all hope, remember that Kellogg also bought WE components from time to time.  It's possible they mounted them in the set.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

D/P,

Except for the ringer, which is slightly different, your phone looks just like Dennis's.  However, since your are not completely satisfied with it, I will be willing to help you by taking it off of your hands ;)

Larry