Main Menu

Gangster type telephone.....lol

Started by BDM, February 28, 2009, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

"Gangsta phone", now that will go well with shabby chic, Eeames Era, Art Deco, and of course "Just like grandmas"
:D

BDM

New key word for candlesticks. Gangster phone.....
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AET

Whenever I see one of these phones, and I'm probably going to get my head ripped off for this, I think of the Andy Griffith show.  He had that candlestick phone on his desk.
- Tom

BDM

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 06, 2009, 01:21:08 AM
Whenever I see one of these phones, and I'm probably going to get my head ripped off for this, I think of the Andy Griffith show.  He had that candlestick phone on his desk.

Yup. If I remember correctly, it was originally a W.E. 20 desk stand, then it became a 50/51AL desk stand with a dial blank. I was just watching episodes the other night.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

It's a little known secret that Andy and Barney were really secret Mafia gangsters who were running a fence operation out of Mayberry.  Hence the use of the Gangsta Phone™ by the Mayberry Police Dept.
;)

AET

Quote from: McHeath on March 06, 2009, 07:33:11 PM
It's a little known secret that Andy and Barney were really secret Mafia gangsters who were running a fence operation out of Mayberry.  Hence the use of the Gangsta Phone™ by the Mayberry Police Dept.
;)

Sarah, yes Sherriff Taylor.  Can you connect me with Jimmy the Legs?
- Tom