News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old Sign Collector Showcase

Started by Signguy, May 12, 2017, 08:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signguy

Bob.... I have always contended that a lot of signs listed in his books do not exist. Ask yourself this question. Why is it that some of these "so called signs" only appear in his books? If he could show me an actual photo of some of these unheard of signs I will become a believer. Such as the East Tennessee which I own. We have been through a discussion on this board before pertaining to this topic and I  still have received no hard evidence of MANY of the listed signs. I have seen printed matter with certain logos but not the signs. ..... After 45 + years of collecting telephone signs I have not seen everything, which I readily admit, but I at least should have heard of some of these very rare  examples. Just because a telephone company or subsidiary existed does not mean they had a sign made.

As to the Pac Tel sign, even though I have not seen that size, does not mean it can't be out there but I do believe there is no possibility that one person could have seen all these fantasy signs  "in the flesh".

Thank you so much for your input. I guess I have just become a "grouchy old man" on this subject of undocumented examples.

Cheers.... Ell

Payphone installer

Here is one you will probably never see again.

Fabius

Quote from: Payphone installer on May 13, 2017, 04:58:44 PM
Here is one you will probably never see again.

That is one rare sign! Where did you find it?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Payphone installer

I put a ad years ago in the classified part of the pioneer news letter which is now gone,and a woman called me and said she had this sign. She wanted 275.00 for it so I sent her a check and a week later it came in the mail. As you know anything From Nevada Bell in signs is rare. As is anything Northwestern Bell. Jim

Signguy

That is one SUPER sign. Thanks for posting the photo.

Would love to see photos of other HTF signs that you folks possess.

Signguy

Tom..... The Nevada sign came from Pauls collection when he passed away.
The only other one I have ever seen was a beat up example that went through ebay many years ago.

Sargeguy

There are a few rarities on "the wall of shame"

I have yet to see another one of these:

And try not to be jealous but I've never seen another NET&T lollipop:

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

This one was so crappy I had to Photoshop the two unobliterated halves together:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

Here's a few of mine I think can be called scarce.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

rfkimba

Hi  Guys,
Attached please find photos of the pinnacle of my novice sign collection. Notice the outstanding condition. I am always looking to provide a new home to similiar examples. Thanks for the nice sign displays.
Bob Farber
ATCA, TCI

Sargeguy

That one is pretty nice.  I have a nice NETT version that is one sided and was mounted in a wooden frame.  It originally had no holes for mounting. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Of course my rarest sign in the collection is the SNET/So Cal error sign.  It's an 11" flange with Southern New England Telephone Co. printed on one side and Southern California Telephone Co. printed on the other.

https://vimeo.com/113215079
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Signguy

GREAT photos..... I love seeing the different signs everyone has. I hope you keep posting the pics.

That SNET/SoCal sign is amazing.

Payphone installer

another sign

Payphone installer

another