News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson oilcan Is it worth it?

Started by Pourme, February 24, 2016, 09:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryman

A person familiar with working on non ferrous metals might be able to close the holes in a next to invisible way. A goldsmith maybe?
But I agree, it's best to preserve "as is".
(I have no problem with contemporary add-on dials but this one looked inappropriate.)

Pourme

~

Earlier in the thread it was explained the heat needed to make the repair to be too hot for the thin shell to survive. Sounds logical. When the add on was done, someone was able to hand this phone a second life. That's a good story, I agree with leaving it  "as is" while I am in custody. I enjoy seeing it every day.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

Quote from: FABphones on January 17, 2022, 08:57:27 AM

I still have my first candlestick (I have been collecting quite the while). Nothing as special as your Oilcan, mine a GPO 150 which I found in a cupboard of a place I moved into. All original and still residing in it's first residence complete with old dialcard. It initially didn't fare too well under my guardianship thanks to a couple of 'dodgy dealers' who between them robbed out the old small center #10 dial and innards. But that is another story which one day I will start a thread about.

Sounds like an interesting story about your first stick...

Wonder if there are enough "first or favorite candlestick" stories out there to start a thread?

I'll be interested to hear yours's.

~
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service