News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Do WE2500 comes in different colors like the WE500??

Started by mienaichizu, January 05, 2009, 09:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Do WE 2500 comes in different color like the WE500? What colors does it comes and what is the standard color used for 2500's??

bingster

The 2500 came in colors, too.  There is no standard color, but certain colors were more popular than others.  Here's a site that lists the various colors available for the 500/1500/2500 telephones:

http://www.paul-f.com/color.htm

Just scroll down to the "WE" section, and you will see the color lists.
= DARRIN =

mienaichizu

ah ok because all that I see is beige color and black ones

bingster

The beige colors are the most common, it seems.  I never understood it, but it seems like at some point people preferred boring colors. 
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Them beige babies are everywhere.  Of course we all recall that favorite color of "Navajo White" back in the day, which was really beige, and was used on every single apartment and house in North America for decades.  My wife once had an apartment where every surface was that color, the carpet, the walls, the trim, the ceiling, the kitchen counters and floor.  All it needed was a beige 2500 and shazam, one hip pad. 

Perry

It (beige or "putty") was also the "standard" color of office equipment (phones, computers, etc.) for many years, so most of the office phones were beige. (Matte black seems to be the standard for business phones these days.)

Konrad

Here is a fun link that shows colors of the classic phones (500 and trim line rotary) still available today for a small monthly charge  ;)

http://www.clientleasingservices.com/products/corded.html

Dan/Panther

Konrad;
Interesting site, I didn't know they still leased rotary phones.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Konrad

These are the folks who are still leasing grandma and grandpa their 500.  The business is the uninterrupted descendant of AT&T leasing.  I have bought 500s for $5 that have not seen service since they were refurbished and they want $4.45 a month.  They were sued into setting aside a big settlement reserve and almost nobody claimed against it.  I suspect that very few new leases are signed and this is just a front to legitimize the millions they collect on WECo equipment installed before 1984.  Lucky for them WECo made such an awesome product.

benhutcherson

I was talking to a former Bell employee a while back who had dealt some with the leasing end in the post-divestiture years.

Anyway, he said that in the local area, the average time between service claims on each piece of leased equipment was 7 years. The most common service issue was a bad handset cord, which, on a modular phone, they could mail to the customer rather than send someone to install it.

That's not to bad to collect, at the time, about $2 a month, and have to send out a $5 cord once every 7 years.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on January 06, 2009, 10:55:57 AM
Konrad;
Interesting site, I didn't know they still leased rotary phones.

D/P

Its very interesting to know that there are still companies who lease rotary phones, but why lease a rotary, I would rather buy one than leasing a rotary

bingster

It's a  throwback to the old telephone systems we had.  Before 1984, people didn't own their own telephones.  The phones were leased to the user for a small fee by the phone company.  After 1984, people were allowed to buy and use whatever phones they wanted.  But there were some people (mainly older folks) who preferred the old way of leasing their telephones, so a small system was put in place to allow them to continue doing that.
= DARRIN =

McHeath

They sweeten the pot with a prescription drug discount plan, which may actually make it a reasonable solution for some.  And of course they talk of free replacements if they ever break, but as we all know this stuff, WE phones, never breaks.