News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Craig's List Find (WE Lamp Candlesticks)

Started by Desert Phone Guy, September 07, 2017, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

I was looking at Craig's List yesterday, and found a listing for a couple of Lamps.  Closer examination showed two WE non dial Candlesticks.

Asking price was $40 for the pair OBO... I offered $30 and was successful....

Not Rare, but the price was right....

Steve

TelePlay

Interesting. Both sticks are mounted to some sort of larger base plate for what, more stability? Both have the same base so both lamps must have been made by the same person.

Good deal at $30. Better deal if the perches and cups were not drilled. Also, how complete there are inside. Will be interesting to see how they attached the bigger base plates through the original phone base plates.

Post pictures when you get them.

Desert Phone Guy

Well the transmitter cups are drilled. and the perches have been spot welded.  The perches should be ok.

Interesting tag in the bottom of the phone dated 1931.  Never seen an inspection label like this one.

TelePlay

One of the modified sticks like that turned out to be solder which came apart easily. One of yours looks like solder, can't really see on the other.

Pourme

A excellent buy any way you look at it. If used as lamps or for restoration you did good. Show us what you found after delivery!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Sargeguy

It looks like those transmitter cups are notched, which already diminished their value, so no big loss.  I may have some if you need replacements.  One receiver is non-WE, the other is a 143AW.  One of the hooks is a "drop" style heavy-duty hook.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

oldguy

Great find & no shipping! Like Doug always says, every phone room needs a phone.
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on September 08, 2017, 11:14:13 PM
Great find & no shipping! Like Doug always says, every phone room needs a phone.

It's late....you meant "lamp"....

Goodnight! ;)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

Quote from: Sargeguy on September 08, 2017, 01:16:26 AM
One of the hooks is a "drop" style heavy-duty hook.

That would be the same type of "drop hook" that Christian spotted on one of Doug's batch of finds a month or so ago?

I see it seems to be made differently than the other. The "drop" is one piece of metal vs two pieces riveted together on the other, right?

Desert Phone Guy

Yes, my understanding is the drop style is earlier, and it is a one piece switch hook instead of two separate pieces bonded together.  The drop style may have been more expensive to produce, also.

Doug Rose

Quote from: oldguy on September 08, 2017, 11:14:13 PM
Great find & no shipping! Like Doug always says, every phone room needs a lamp.
Gary....thanks for remembering! Tis true....two great phones DPG....Doug
Kidphone