News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

USPS Shenanigans

Started by Sargeguy, May 14, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzby

I'll give it the extra week, just in case it surfaces.

It's been one of those weeks for me, with the rough handling elves helping along the bad packing fairies.  >:( >:( >:(

19and41

It might be a good idea to let the seller know that this is going on.  Just so it doesn't catch them unaware if it should come to a claim.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Opa Locka is not too far from me. Maybe I will take a ride down there and see if it is actually a physical building. Maybe I will get lucky and find all these lost packages!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Buzby

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 13, 2016, 08:29:25 PM
Opa Locka is not too far from me. Maybe I will take a ride down there and see if it is actually a physical building. Maybe I will get lucky and find all these lost packages!

I wish it was Opa Locka, Harry. These items eventually escape into the public domain with excellent tracking details.

Mine was 50 miles from me, and it has left the building.

I think I just bought an Elvis phone.

Buzby

My phone has finally surfaced in Providence after turning up in Texas!

Hopefully, USPS can get it to my local PO without sending it to Alaska. Or Hawaii. Probably the only two states it hasn't passed through.

TelePlay

Wow! That's quite a turn on the Opa Locka effect. With all that traveling, I hope it arrives undamaged.

andre_janew

Whenever I order something from a seller in Kentucky, it has to go to Pennsylvania, then to Kansas City, Missouri before it comes to Lawrence, Kansas which is where I live.  The journey takes about a week to complete.  Buzby's phone seems like it is on some sort of Tour!

Babybearjs

You know, the one thing that makes me mad about the postal service now is the lack of service.... today I have 2 packages out for delivery.... it is now past 6PM here and no mail! the [post office installed central mailboxes in our MH park and we are the LAST to get our mail, and the stupid carrier can't even read the tags in the mail boxes! several times my neighbor, Ken has to drop off our mail that He got.... by "Mistake".... out wonderful Government and its lack of leadership.... UHG!
John

LarryInMichigan

For a few years until recently, my route did not have an assigned letter carrier, so our mail was delivered by random carriers late in the evening or the next morning if at all.  For quite a while, we only had mail delivery about four days a week.  I was told that the carrier who had been assigned to the route was claiming an undisclosed disability and the union contract precluded assigning another carrier to the route.  Before that, we had a carrier who was very rude, left several rubber bands on my doorstep and lawn almost every day, and absolutely refused to take outgoing mail.  We now have a polite regular carrier, but the mail seldom arrives here until after 5 PM.

Larry

andre_janew

I remember having a mail carrier who didn't pick up the outgoing mail.  I was told by my grandmother that this was because I wasn't placing it properly in the mail box.  After placing it in the mailbox several different ways without any success, my dad went to the post office to find out the real story.  It turned out that the mail carrier had cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy and sometimes didn't feel like picking up the outgoing mail.  We later got a different carrier and things went back to normal.

19and41

The biggest problem we have is the carrier going on vacation.  The replacement would leave mail for my address number on several different streets, none of them mine.  I painted my address on the inside of the box cover.  The carriers thank me, because they can get things straight again after my box.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Glad to see that the Cliff Clavin effect lives on... ;D

TelePlay

Well, since nothing got damaged, this does not fit under the bad packaging topic. But it does show what can happen.

Received the flattened box with the bag of 302 feet wrapped in a postal clear bag saying "Sorry!"

After removing the USPS plastic bag, I discovered the box was not only flattened but it was also wet.

So what, it fell out of a truck in a rain storm, laid there for a few hours during which time it was run over by Cliff Clavin, at least once (on the way to the bar and on the way back, I would guess) before a postal inspector got eyes on it and rescued the "package" for safe delivery?

The third photo below shows the condition of the box and I had no problem opening it like a book. Just held one end and the wet cardboard flopped open. And, BTW, it took over a week to arrive. Nice!

Babybearjs

Since the box was wet, I assume something happened weather-wise... could the box been caught up in one of those tornadoes we've been hearing about??
John

HarrySmith

Did the feet "weather the storm"?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"