"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

** FOR SALE ** Modular BLUE 500 set -- CRUSHED -- RIP

Started by robert_m, February 13, 2019, 05:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_m

Key2871

Those were slate blue, made with AT&T markings...
Not all that rare..

Ken
KEN

robert_m

Quote from: Key2871 on February 13, 2019, 05:38:45 PM
Not all that rare..

Ken

Ken - over all rare, but someone tryed to convince me it was country blue NOPE, and wanted to give 10 bucks for it, I know all the guts are WE, after phone company broke up many leased sets returned and att rehoused them and sold them as refurbished, and at the time two blues were very close if i recall meterian and slate blue time wise it was called slate in mid 90s in Chicago area, but you dont see many of them, as generally you could only get it at the att phone store or oddly enough Sears.   ATT Consumer Lease Products did not offer slate in a 500 set. But did on some signature sets, and its blue is a tad grayer. 

Key2871

Well obviously ten bucks is a low ball number, they are worth more than that..
I had a 2702 that I got and it was called slate blue, Med blue was a little brighter bluer from what I remember.
They also had mint green, and peach just to name a couple.. I have those in princess as well.
And all had WE guts, with plastics marked AT&T.

Ken
KEN

robert_m

Yeap Peach is the rareest on the signature Princess sets, I have a couple of them.  Im not sure what other models peach was available on but from leassing servers only the sig princess.

poplar1

Quote from: Key2871 on February 13, 2019, 05:38:45 PM
Not all that rare..

Ken

Slate blue (color code --293) is almost a charcoal gray color. See Jim's Slate Blue Princess: 2nd row from top, far right:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14183.msg169248#msg169248

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

robert_m

Cool I didnt know they made the non signature in peach thats gotta be rare as well.

key2817 - i like your red 1a2 wall phone, I thing i may still have 1 baby/poder blue on new in box around here somewhere in rotary.  at one time i had 10 of them, and sold them all years ago but pretty sure i kept one.

Key2871

I had a aqua 871, nos no box. Turned it into a tone dial set and painted the faceplate muted blue.
But I had a good amount of princess, and signature princess at one point, I like the design. Maybe because my parents had a 701 in yellow, with the separate e1c ringer mounted to the wall. And I was intrigued that it lit up when the handset was lifted. Enabling dialing without having to turn on a lamp to see the dial numbers.
KEN