News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Quick fix for stripped out screw terminal in SC 1212...

Started by RotoTech99, November 06, 2015, 02:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:
From RotoTech99

I have found a fix for the terminal screw if it strips the mica board hole it is threaded into... (This is located on the bracket that also holds the housing stay cord on the base) that connects the orange wire from "F" on the hookswitch terminals to the red ringer wire...

BTW: I experienced this issue with a SC 1212 recently that I could not find a satisfactory screw for that would replace the original that stripped out its hole in the mica board I mention here.

Take a screw and its threaded terminal from a terminal strip or a trimline type base terminal board, and break away the material holding it so that you have the screw and terminal separate. (A terminal with 2 screws to it is also usable)

Fit the red ringer wire and orange wire from hookswitch term. "F"  under the terminal screw, or use both screws to connect them; Position and tighten screws snugly ensuring both wire's spade lugs are in place under screw(s).

Then put a insulating plastic sleeve of the appropriate size, or wrap with electrician's tape around the connection.  TIP: If using a sleeve, position connection so sleeve will slip over it and fit snug enough not to slip off, but be removable if needed.

Position finished connection where it will not interfere with ringer or operation of phone. Close up and reassemble phone, then check.

If set functions normally, then it is ready for use.

Feedback and advice welcomed.