News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stop the dreaded scourge of 70s reproductions!

Started by Greg G., May 08, 2010, 01:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

"Quarantee" them!  I could tell from looking at it that it was a bad case of "70s repro", but just to make sure, I asked for a picture of the bottom.  I gasped when my suspicions were confirmed - 70s REPRO!!!.  I quickly closed the browser window, lest that dreaded disease infect my collection of healthy specimens!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/atq/1726217382.html ( dead link 03-03-21 )

quar·an·tine   /ˈkwɔrənˌtin, ˈkwɒr-, ˌkwɔrənˈtin, ˌkwɒr-/  Spelled [kwawr-uhn-teen, kwor-, kwawr-uhn-teen, kwor-]  verb,-tined, -tin·ing.
–noun
1.a strict isolation imposed to prevent the spread of disease.

guar·an·tee   /ˌgærənˈti/  Show Spelled [gar-uhn-tee]  verb,-teed, -tee·ing.
–noun
1.a promise or assurance, esp. one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee.

spell checker 
–noun
a computer program for checking the spelling of words in an electronic document.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

JorgeAmely

I agri wid u.  ;D ;D ;D

No pun intended, of course. These common spelling errors show up even in CNN.com.

Humans are humans, but it takes one to run a spell checker.
Jorge

AET

Ugh, I see these atrocities all the time.  Always for an arm and a leg, I wouldn't take one unless given to me.
- Tom

Dan

I got a western electric version @ goodwill for $3, and I don't even know why I bought it!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan on May 09, 2010, 03:45:06 PM
I got a western electric version @ goodwill for $3, and I don't even know why I bought it!
Probably cause it was $3.00. I also will buy "crap" if it is cheap.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.