and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE J/K-500, 5-52

Started by Dan/Panther, May 07, 2010, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jester on May 10, 2010, 06:29:54 PM
McHeath,
Thank you for the picture--it confirmed what I was thinking, but better safe than sorry.

D/P,
Thank you for the interpretation of the color bands!  Since I don't have those commited to memory, I try to keep a cheat sheet around.  Mind you, I always lose track of where I last laid it. ;D

Bill,
1.  You continuously mention "rural service" in reference to the J/K/T phones.  Is there any knowledge or documentation on how far from central(minumum) these phones would have been used?

BSP's list "zones" for which style of phone gets used. There is probably a reference that states how much (line) resistance is allowed per zone #.

A little off topic. I recently read a reference that stated that they discovered a method to get more distance from older sets. I think this was G handsets (w/ G elements) on 5302 sets.

The reference was in a "Bell Telephone Magazine", probably May of 1955

Jim

If this is the case then 5302's w/ g-elements can be legitimate.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

[/quote]

A little off topic. I recently read a reference that stated that they discovered a method to get more distance from older sets. I think this was G handsets (w/ G elements) on 5302 sets.

The reference was in a "Bell Telephone Magazine", probably May of 1955

Jim

If this is the case then 5302's w/ g-elements can be legitimate.
[/quote]

Here is the article I mentioned. Towards the bottom of the first column. Apparently I didn't record the date. It is from a "Bell Telephone Magazine", I am almost certain 1955 and I am thinking May.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.