News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

PTT phone-need knowledge!

Started by WesternElectricBen, January 04, 2013, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

I got this phone, don't know anything. I think it's from Holland.not sure. I refurberd it myselft w/ shoe polish and dremal. And went through the dial. It says 5-61 on the bottom, seems to be older kind of like the 302.

Also: as shown in picture, the cloth cord has paint on it. Any ideas on how to remove it? Or would replacing be more worth it?

Thanks
Ben

LarryInMichigan

This looks like a Dutch PTT phone made by Standard Electric.  Tandy corp imported boatloads of these in the 1970s and sold them in their Radio Shack stores.  They are interesting, but not worth much.

Larry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 05, 2013, 07:54:25 PM
This looks like a Dutch PTT phone made by Standard Electric.  Tandy corp imported boatloads of these in the 1970s and sold them in their Radio Shack stores.  They are interesting, but not worth much.

Larry

Damg, my ma got that for me for christmas and paid like 40 bucks. Bah, maybe I could sell it on ebay and get a small fortune of of people who don't care about the back ground but just care if its shiny!
Ben

LarryInMichigan

Sorry.  They can usually be bought for $20, but most sellers want much more.  Most of us have overpaid for phones and other things.  You can still enjoy it though.

Larry

LM Ericsson

I saw one of those exact models at an antique mall, they were asking $55 for the phone with a HUGE crack on the housing and chopped off line cord.
Regards,
-Grayson

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: LM Ericsson on January 05, 2013, 08:43:58 PM
I saw one of those exact models at an antique mall, they were asking $55 for the phone with a HUGE crack on the housing and chopped off line cord.

Wow, thats unbelievable. But hey, I was a 500 form the 80's and they wanted 50. It also looked like crap. :)
Ben

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: LM Ericsson on January 05, 2013, 08:43:58 PM

Cracks can be very expensive :D

dsk

Some of those has a very special dial. Only read about it, not seen it. Mine has not.
The dial has some extra speed control, it will not dial if its not having right speed.
This dial was left quite quick, the exchange did accept more variations then the dial mechanism :D

It is also at least 2 different circuits. A bridge compensation circuit (= Siemens +++) and one about like the 302 circuit.

Do you have pictures form the inside of the phone? diagram???

dsk

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: dsk on January 06, 2013, 06:22:28 AM
Some of those has a very special dial. Only read about it, not seen it. Mine has not.
The dial has some extra speed control, it will not dial if its not having right speed.
This dial was left quite quick, the exchange did accept more variations then the dial mechanism :D

It is also at least 2 different circuits. A bridge compensation circuit (= Siemens +++) and one about like the 302 circuit.

Do you have pictures form the inside of the phone? diagram???

dsk

Sorry, no but I got it up and ringing.

Ben

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/