News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 90 not ringing...

Started by Karen, May 22, 2012, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Ive tried several different wiring configurations but I guess Im doing something obviously wrong.

Do you see it?

stub

Karen,
         Your phone won't ring because it has a frequency ( 33.3 cycle , harmonic ) ringer in it. You will need to get a straight line ringer for it to ring. Sorry.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Karen

Noooooooooooo!!!

Not again!!!  Those ringer frequency issues always get me. 

twocvbloke

You could always hook it up to a LinkSys PAPT2 VOIP adaptor which you can set the ringer frequency to match the phone, saves finding replacement ringers... :)

Phonesrfun

Quote from: twocvbloke on May 23, 2012, 01:44:32 AM
You could always hook it up to a LinkSys PAPT2 VOIP adaptor which you can set the ringer frequency to match the phone, saves finding replacement ringers... :)

Wouldn't that be a bit like lugging a car battery around to power your cell phone?
-Bill G

dsk

:)
That reminds me about the first mobile phones.

dsk

twocvbloke

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 23, 2012, 12:19:01 PMWouldn't that be a bit like lugging a car battery around to power your cell phone?

Doesn't everybody? :D

I wouldn't have thought that it'd be like tethering it to something that couldn't be moved about easily, but then, wired phones are tethered down, but with that Voip thing, you get the option to use a ringer that would otherwise be scrapped because it's not compatible with the current standard telephone line, saving something that to me is worth keeping because it's different, and diversitiy is what makes collecting fun...  :)

stub

Karen,
         Some of the Forum members might have a SL~ ringer they could sell to you. I don't have any right now.
          Here's the picture of both ringers for future reference .   
          Frequency ringer - on top 
          Straight Line ringer - on the bottom           stub
Kenneth Stubblefield