News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cousin ITT....

Started by twocvbloke, April 09, 2012, 01:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I wasn't too sure about it myself, until I stuck it in the search box at the top and learned about the MTS, it's handy having a forum full of such info... :D

xylenol15

Ahh, you have a marbled plastic transmitter cup there. How often do the rest of you guys see these? I have one on one of my WE handsets from the 80s.

twocvbloke

I only have two marbled transmitter cups, the ITT-ised Northern Electric 500 in this thread, and my red AT&T-ified NE2500, as you can see in the pics below...

I think it's cos they're using recycled plastic to make the cups, it's not a display item, so they can make it cheaper by not bleaching and re-colouring the plastic, and thus mass produce them with ease... :)

xylenol15

Quote from: twocvbloke on May 12, 2012, 06:17:18 AM
I only have two marbled transmitter cups, the ITT-ised Northern Electric 500 in this thread, and my red AT&T-ified NE2500, as you can see in the pics below...

I think it's cos they're using recycled plastic to make the cups, it's not a display item, so they can make it cheaper by not bleaching and re-colouring the plastic, and thus mass produce them with ease... :)

I think you're right twocvbloke, I had thought so too since they're gray and look like a mixture of white and black, which would be the most common scrap plastic colors they have to work with.