"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cheep 12-1955 500

Started by WesternElectricBen, January 04, 2013, 11:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: jsowers on January 05, 2013, 01:01:11 PM
Originally this phone would have been either hard-wired or with a 4-prong 283B square plug. I've seen them with station wire (house wiring) instead of the usual black mounting cord, but a black 3-conductor mounting cord was the norm.

I've actually used a spool of light beige modular flat cable before and maybe I've seen brown flat cable too. I can't recall. The originally clear flat cable does turn brown over the years. Sometimes a golden brown, from I guess UV exposure. The modular cords that came with AE phones seemed to do it a lot, but I've seen WE ones turn too.

Dennis and I have what I call ESP. Extrasensory Softplastic Perception. We always bid on the same phones back in the day when they were plentiful and never knew who each other were until the Forum came along. I can't tell you how many times I said "I don't know who that Dennis guy is, but he sure has good taste in phones."  :) Nowadays, I can go for days and not post anything and then when I do, he's right there at the same time and with his lightning fast typing skills, he gets finished before I do. I guess we're like-minded souls or something.

Dennis probably has some sort of mind think automatic typer... Bah
Ben

AE_Collector

So what you are saying is that Dennis "snipes you" every time you do a reply on CRPF! Better too much chatter than not enough though! Keep it up.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 05, 2013, 03:29:58 PM
So what you are saying is that Dennis "snipes you" every time you do a reply on CRPF! Better too much chatter than not enough though! Keep it up.

Terry

Yes, pretty much!
Ben

Mr. Bones

No sir, it was not I who bid.

In a rare attack of restraint, I never bid on this phone. In hindsight, seeing what a great deal you got on it, perhaps an attack of Cerebral Flatulence! ;)

I'm most happy you won it, and that it went to a home where it will be loved and cared for.

I currently have three 500s hooked up at present around the house:

8/53 black
9/56 aqua
2/69 beige

Enjoy your cool phone, and have a great weekend, Ben!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus