News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 21 Dial Desk Set Diagram ( Series Circuit )

Started by stub, March 28, 2012, 06:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Does anyone have a diagram of the series circuit 21 dial candle stick phone? I have the manual one and the booster one but can't seem to find one on the series circuit . Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks , stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Seems like there's a general diagram in Ralph Meyer's book, but you might be looking for something more specific.  Other than that, I'd say wire the receiver and transmitter in series, but again, you are probably looking for specifics.
-Bill G

stub

Bill,
     I saw that in Meyers book, but I saw in the AE Catalog 4055 , pg. 12 that they made some 21 dial desk sets with the series circuit. I don't remember seeing a diagram of one.
     Since the booster desk sets have the same number of hookswitch contacts wouldn't the 21 Automatic Wall set series circuit wiring be the same as the candlestick, except having the dc receiver?  Thanks ,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Bill,
     Thanks , I finally found it . Look at the dial wiring , could that be a Mercedes dial ? This hookswitch has 3 contacts like the wood wall set. Now this baby might be hard to find cause all the AE 21 automatic desk sets that I have seen have a 4 contact hookswitch.              stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

I guess with the series circuit, you would only need a single pole switch if it weren't for the fact that with this one, the ringer is being switched in and out of the circuit opposite of the phone itself.

I suppose it could be a Mercedes-type dial.  It is a simple one for sure.

I wonder if this series circuit, which places the receiver directly in the DC path is the special DC receiver talked about in the middle of the top paragraph on page 122 of Meyer's book.  I'll bet it is.
-Bill G

stub

Bill,
      Yes it is. Once again  ;D  I forgot to put that in. Here's the pic.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Wow, that is great.  I have wanted to see what they looked like.  It is pretty much as I expected.  No need for a permanent magnet. 
-Bill G

stub

Bill,
     If someone had this DC receiver I bet they could wire up a AE Stepbase also and just use a ringer box.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Yep, that would be true.  No reason why not.
-Bill G