Sigmaz' BK Precision 1050 Telephone Analyzer that he snapped up for $65
5 (14.3%)
Pourme's Stromberg Carlson 1250 wall phone on EBAY for $39.95 + $19.50
3 (8.6%)
Poplar1's WECo 5302 in Aqua Blue for $60 + $18 shipping BIN on eBay
19 (54.3%)
Haf's Hostage Phone + speakers + 3 trimline "throw"phones on eBay $100
9 (25.7%)
dsk's set of 3 Ericophones / Cobras picked up locally for a total of $38!
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) and other information of importance about the find.
6) one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:
          --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Fabius

Automatic Electric 3 slot beige paystation. LPB 89 55. Excellent condition. Appears it is in it's original condition. Has not been messed with or updated. Bought at the Shipshewana telephone show. $125.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20174.0
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Sargeguy

I purchased a lot of three phones through a private sale.  The lot consisted of a nice WE 5302 with cord and 4-prong plug, a KTAS dial phone (missing receiver cap) with original cords, and a Phoenix Interior Telephone Company No.7 "pencil shaft" desk stand with Solid Viaduct long pole receiver.

I am nominating the Phoenix.  I paid $100 for the lot, and I am selling the other two, so the final cost to me for the Phoenix No.7 will be about $50. 

According to knowledgeable collectors of early telephones this is the best known example of this rare candlestick. Other, less well preserved versions have sold in $3000-$4000 range.  This one is estimated to be worth somewhere in the $4000-$5000 range.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

FABphones

Moderator - how do I vote (I can't see how to vote at the top of this page)? Thanks.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

AE_Collector

The poll for the month is out up just as the month ends and it runs fir about 1 week.

Terry

AE_Collector

Sargeguy:

Aren't child car seats required in your state for anyone less than a certain height/weight?

Narrow your submission down to the most significant item to avoid entering a group of phones. You can divide total purchase price across the number of phones purchased however seems reasonable.

Terry

Sargeguy

As nice as the 5302 is I think I will submit the Phoenix No.7

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

JorgeAmely

I see it integrates well with the Bluetooth system in your car. Nice job!  ;)
Jorge

AE_Collector

I'm nominating Sigmaz' BK Precision 1050 Telephone Analyzer that he snapped up for $65 and no shipping as he was able to pick it up a couple of minutes away from his office! Not a 1045 but a 1050 Deluxe model...well done Jon! Of course the seller had two of them and once the dust settles the second one is coming to me but my price will be at least double with the shipping. Still, I'm happy.

Terry

FABphones

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 18, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
I'm nominating Sigmaz' BK Precision 1050 Telephone Analyzer that he snapped up for $65 and no shipping as he was able to pick it up a couple of minutes away from his office! Not a 1045 but a 1050 Deluxe model...well done Jon! Of course the seller had two of them and once the dust settles the second one is coming to me but my price will be at least double with the shipping. Still, I'm happy.

Terry

Wow! I'm seriously loving that bit of kit. Well done both you guys!
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Sigmaz

Thanks for posting this for me. ;D

Yes, I would like to submit this find for "Find of the month" please.

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 18, 2018, 10:42:58 PM

Terry

Pourme

~

I'd like to nominate my SC 1250 wall phone purchased on EBAY for $39.95 + $19.50.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20229.msg207220#msg207220

It looked to be in good condition when i saw the pictures on EBAY and I was right. This phone is in immaculate condition! Just a routine clean up and it displays and functions perfectly!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

poplar1

Aqua Blue 5302G
Converted 3/1959
$60 BIN

These are Ebay pictures. Phone looks much better, no fading, possibly unused.
Ebay item #   222918978703
Sold 4/13/2018
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

WOW! Nice catch! A color 5302 for only $60.00! Awesome.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Nice Find David.....can you post the link, eBay doesn't like the number....Doug
Kidphone