"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A E - 95 Panel Telephone from 1970

Started by stub, April 14, 2010, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Hi everybody,
                      I won this phone a little while back on e-bay! Just got around to cleaning it up and adding a ringer, it was ordered without one XX.  Here are the pics.  Gotta go and look for more phones!!!!!!!!     stub

Jim S has a nice one for sale in the classified section
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Ken: A nice AE 95 Panel Phone in Copper. You got the backbox with it too. That is fairly rare.

Terry

stub

Hi Terry,
             Thanks !  I have another one, not quite as nice, for parts if needed.
              Do you have any idea where I might find some more of the vinyl inserts?    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jim Stettler

Stub,
The back box is the hard part. Mine is also missing the overlay. If anyone is interested in mine. Shoot me an offer. Low offers don't offend me, Neither do high offers. I am open to trade offers.
My Ae is lyon's bound if it doesn't sell.  
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

I think I have a set of several colored inserts with one of my AE 95's. I'll check to see how many I have just incase I have "way too many" of them although I don't think that is the case. I have seen these phones with wall paper inserts to match the wall that it was installed on etc so I suspect you could make your own quite easily.

Terry

Jim Stettler

The copper looks nice even without the insert. You have to look twice to notice that it should have one. I bought mine knowing I should find a backbox. It wasn't until later I realized that it should have an insert.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

stub

Terry,
        Have you seen these in DTMF?      Don't tell Larry!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll have to stick with original inserts that were for this phone .  If you have way too many though I might be interested in at least one more for the other copper 95 I have.  Thanks, Ken                stub

Jim S - I'm  still trying to get your 95  sold!!!!!!!            stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AET

I've been thinking about just building a phone right into my wall with some old 500 parts, just to be creative, kind of falls under the lines of the panel phones.
- Tom

JorgeAmely

Stub:

Very nice acquisition. But where is the ringer? Is it in a separate box? Did I miss it?

Jorge

AET

Oh yes, of course I know that.  I just think it would be kind of fun to make my own rig.

Quote from: ae_collector on April 14, 2010, 12:44:13 PM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 14, 2010, 05:19:57 AM
I've been thinking about just building a phone right into my wall with some old 500 parts, just to be creative, kind of falls under the lines of the panel phones.

Of course you know that WECo made a panel phone as well.

Terry
- Tom

stub

Jorge,
          I took the pictures without the ringer, because it was ordered that way, and installed one a few days later.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Kenny C

I just saw this stub and it looks fine.

I think it is so weird that even though that Western Electric and Automatic Electric were made during the same era, that they look so different. It is good different. I am going to try to get every color of the 500 sets of Western Electric. Well it looks good.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

stub

Kenny,
            Thanks and get as many as you can , but you need to get a bigger table to display or have more broken phones when they fall..
             Let me know when to swing by and pick up dials to clean .      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Kenny C

ok i will i am still sad about my 5-62
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

Great phone!  I really like the panel phones, and wish my house had one as it would have fit the style perfectly.  Yours looks very nice with the ivory and copper.