"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ultrasonic cleaning power

Started by JorgeAmely, June 21, 2010, 10:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 23, 2010, 04:46:35 PM
I recently picked up a new ultrasonic jewelry cleaner still in the box at a flea market for a buck that I was going to try with a dial.  I have not had time to try it yet and from the discussion so far it looks like it may remain a jewelry cleaner! I still intend try it out on a dial just for the hell of it before I give it to my wife.

Try the foil test on it and see what kind of power it has. I am curious....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:
The Quala 5002 ultrasonic cleaner arrived today. It is bad news. I didn't even bother to plug it in. As you can see from the pictures below, one of the ultrasound generators is cracked, most likely because the unit ran low on fluid. It was in bad shape, leaking fluid here and there. I already notified the seller and will be going back to Alabama on the first UPS truck this Friday. If it was a phone, I would try to repair it, but those sound generators are bonded to the bottom of the tank and seem to be impossible to replace.

:o :o :o
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Jorge;
The seller didn't bother to mention any of this damage.
I don't understand the mindset behind this type person. Do they really not think it's important, or do they think everyone is dumber than they are, and that would have to be very dumb.
Good luck on the return, at least with the Ebay and Pay-Pal rules now you have about a 90% chance of getting all of your money back.
I wouldn't even waste my money sending it back until instructed to do so. Why should you potentially loose another $15.00 to ship it back. Many times the seller just says keep it. In that case maybe Dan knows where it can be repaired.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

In his defense, maybe he was not aware of the damage. I would be fairly confident in stating he did not take it apart or put liquid in it. Probably just plugged it in, saw a power light come on and that was it!
That being said he also should have listed it as untested. Every item I sell I test to the best of my ability, I state clearly in the listing what I did to test it and the results. If it is something I am not familiar with I will also state that and the fact I cannot test it. Right now I have a 1977 3/4" video machine from a TV news station, I plugged it in, lights come on and things inside spin but that is all I know since I do not have a tape to try it with. This is stated clearly and it is priced accordingly. This seems to work as I have 100% positive feedback with over 500 transactions!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Harry;
Those units are notorious for eating video heads, which as far as I know are very rare.
You may want to mention that.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson