News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Payphone Wiring

Started by pf12345, June 28, 2010, 03:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pf12345

I just purchased a used payphone booth and payphone (not sure the model number, but it looks like the standard payphone you would find in New York City).  There's a sticker on the inside that says 1995.

The main control board and coin parts were removed, but the keypad (p/n 3194) and handset appear to be in working order.  Is there a way to wire the keypad and handset to an active line so that I could received and place calls in the phone booth?

Thanks.

HarrySmith

There are many ways to wire it. Do you want it to function as a payphone or just a working phone?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

gpo706

Its easy peasy pf, see here, chapter 2:

http://vimeo.com/1404007
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

pf12345

I'm just trying to wire it to work as a regular phone.  Below is a picture of the inside of the payphone.  The handset has been disconnected and the leads to the microphone and speaker.

gpo706 - thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

HarrySmith

IMO, the easiest way to do it would be remove that board and install a network & ringer from a 500 in there!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

pf12345

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 30, 2010, 09:50:11 AM
IMO, the easiest way to do it would be remove that board and install a network & ringer from a 500 in there!

That seems like the easiest solution.   I'm going to see if I can find a model 2500.

Thanks

HarrySmith

If you don't find one I may have one in my parts phones pile.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"