News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Missing mounting screw for a 2AB dial?

Started by Come in Nighthawk, July 01, 2010, 09:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come in Nighthawk

I have a 2AB which is missing one of the screws that secures part of the dialing mechanism.  I suspect that if I left it as is that will interfere with dialing?  Assuming the thing even still works.  It is pretty dusty/dirty and I need to try to clean it as best I am able.  That was how I found one screw was missing. 

The following image is not of the dial in question, but an image that was handy.  I have edited it to show which screw is missing.

Can anyone suggest where to get replacement screws?  Home Depot, even?  What would I ask for?  It looks like the opposite number would have a longer shank?  So I can''t pull it out and take it along to match, can I?
???

Dennis Markham

I'm sure that if you send an e-mail to Steve Hilsz along with your photo he will be glad to send you a screw.  If you need more info about Steve, such as an e-mail address, let me know.

Phonesrfun

I think Steve Hilsz is about your only hope, unless you have an old hardware store in the area with a huge selection.  I don't know for sure, but it may be a #4-40 or a #4-36, which can be found, but the fact that the correct screw has a tapered head witha flat top, and is extremely short.
-Bill G