News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Help Model 211 with 685-A Subset

Started by jleeo, July 21, 2010, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleeo

When I moved from Buffalo to Chicago, I pulled this working telephone out of my basement and have been hauling it around ever since - probably on its third or fourth house by now.  I remember taking the phone out.  It was in 1982 - I think before we had modular jacks.  I can't bring myself to believe that I would have tinkered with any wiring inside the subset or the 211, but just can't figure out how to make this baby to get a tone.  There is quite a bundle of wires from the subset to the handset, and only a few are attached to the subset - maybe only two.  I'm thinking the person I bought the house from had rewired the phone when he took it from his workplace (he was a policeman & I am betting it was a side desk phone at the precinct) - probably when they went to push buttons.  Anyway, I am stumped & looking for some help in wiring this phone.  Am very hesitant to undo anything, even though there are unattached wires.  I don't think I would have disconnected them - I did not need to to the system off the wall.  Thanks for any help.  Will send pix of the successful project (that I am getting around to a mere 28 years later)