News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

what the heck? Very Starnge Looking F-1 Handset - not mine

Started by HarrySmith, December 03, 2019, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryman

at the asked price, I'm afraid no one will be willing to buy it for examination...
It could be anything from an early NASA gadget to a failed lamp conversion. I'm leaning towards the latter. If nobody knows that thing here, It can't be really significant 8)

HowardPgh

After reading some of the other posts and saw the word "prop", I think I have a good guess as to what that stick is for. The phone was probably used with a mannequin's head. A hole was drilled in the ear(ouch!) and the stick was stuck in the hole to hold the handset in a proper looking use position.
Howard

countryman

That's by far the most logical explanation. Brilliant!

Pourme

~

Who has room, in their phone room, to use a mannequin poised with a prop phone?

*gears grinding

** Wife saying "#&*~".....

unique piece, I guess?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HowardPgh on December 06, 2019, 09:42:56 AM
The phone was probably used with a mannequin's head. A hole was drilled in the ear(ouch!) and the stick was stuck in the hole to hold the handset in a proper looking use position.
I agree that this sounds like a more  likely reason for the ear tube.

In my mind I typically define "prop" in a phone listing as "doesn't work or unable to test".
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Pourme on December 06, 2019, 05:42:02 PM
~

Who has room, in their phone room, to use a mannequin poised with a prop phone?

*gears grinding

** Wife saying "#&*~".....

unique piece, I guess?

I used to buy  Beauty school practice heads at yard sales for $5-$10 , I bought at least 4 over the years, They are pretty detailed and they come in many faces and races.
One of those  would work for a display head.

I bought the heads for my daughters. They had a lot of fun with make-up and hair styling on them , evolving to hair cuts , evolving to Halloween props, then I would buy another and the circle started over.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

andre_janew

The seller does claim that it is a working phone.  Of course, there is the possibility that he is a dummy.