News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Making the Jump 1A2 Western Electric.

Started by digoxy118, August 29, 2017, 11:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Laszlo

Be cautious when installing a bridging adapter, if the associated telephones are key sets with 25-pair mounting cords. If you refer to the appropriate BSP's, you will read the explanation. Basically, you need to insulate and store the Violet leads inside the sets that are used for on-hook dialing and talking (speakerphone service.)  If you don't you will get unwanted interaction between the sets.

digoxy118

Quote from: Victor Laszlo on September 13, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
Be cautious when installing a bridging adapter

Yes, I did run into this. It took me a minute to figure out that one of the phones was causing this, after isolating the problem down to one phone, I removed that phone from the mess of connections and all worked fine. I wasn't sure what was causing this and still not sure. The isolated phone however does work without any problem by itself.

poplar1

For common audible ringers:

(1) Remove the red and blue straps from G+-/S+- to RG/RB

(2) Connect the 118A Freq. Gen. to RG and RB

(3) Punch down the yellow-slate/slate-yellow of the 25-pair hang-off cable to the upper left B1/R1 on the block inside the 551C.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

digoxy118

Quote from: poplar1 on September 13, 2017, 11:31:09 AM
For common audible ringers:

Poplar1 - The Angels in heaven are looking down upon you. After getting this punched down the way you explained, I have given wings to many angels this afternoon, bells ringing like its Christmas! Thank you Poplar1, you have me up and running with ringers!

Doug Rose

David....do you ever miss?  Outstanding......Doug
Kidphone

Victor Laszlo

QuoteI wasn't sure what was causing this and still not sure.

The violet leads are bridged, along with all the other leads. There are sneak paths between the phones over the violet leads. The BSP will explain it, and you can trace the sneak paths on the wiring diagram.