News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello hello

Started by Futuralon, December 13, 2016, 05:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Futuralon

Hi everyone. I'm futuralon (I got that name using a random name generator. I prefer not to use my real name at this time due to my profession.).
My interest in old phones stems from my interest in old stuff in general. I suppose the oldest thing I have is my house, which was built in 1915 or so (that's old for here/California). I don't want to say I "collect" stuff necessarily, but I have a variety of older machines. Some typewriters that are nearly antiques, cameras, other office stuff from mid century, a sewing machine... it's pretty varied.
I do have some mechanical experience, automotive mostly. I think older things are right at my level of electrical and mechanical understanding - so simple that the principles are more obvious. I don't really have the money for collecting mint condition items... so fixing stuff makes it two hobbies for the price of one.
Anyway, I just picked up an old phone from the 1930s or 40s and I have confidence that I can get it working... and that's why I'm here.
Looking forward to learning more,

Futuralon

unbeldi

Welcome!

With a name like that, it seems you might also be interested in the thinks the future has in store for us.  I hope it is not a recycling of old stuff, but they say that history repeats itself.

Show us the old phone and someone here will surely have something to say about it.

WEBellSystemChristian

Yeah, post some pictures! We all love pictures of phones around here! ;D

That name sounds like the name of a futuristic '50s radio, to go with the theme of 'future' names at the time. (Futura, Predicta, etc)

Welcome to the forum!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Welcome to the Forum. Same thing with me, I got my name from a random name generator.  What are the odds! Welcome....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Welcome to the forum. I have an automotive background also and just got into phones a few years ago. I have to warn you, they are addictive! It is called Phoneitis, it is an incurable & progressive disease. The only treatment is buy more phones! Yes, we all love pictures. Please post some pictures of your phone. Someone here will be able to identify it. There is vast knowledge & experience here with people who love to share it. This is the best forum on the net!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

Welcome to the forum. Hope You find it helpful and interesting. Looking forward to photos of your phone.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Fabius

Quote from: Futuralon on December 13, 2016, 05:04:44 PM
I prefer not to use my real name at this time due to my profession.

Welcome! Maybe we could have a forum special contest to guess your profession.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Fabius on December 14, 2016, 11:35:51 AM
Welcome! Maybe we could have a forum special contest to guess your profession.

Hmm...I'll say...

Secret Service? ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Pourme

Sounds like a politician to me....

Are you Hillary?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Fabius

Must be a celebrity. Maybe one of the Kardashians? 
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

oldguy

Welcome futuralon, as stated, we like pictures & this disease is progressive. I am a retired auto mechanic. You will have fun here.
Gary

AE_Collector

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 13, 2016, 08:10:38 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Same thing with me, I got my name from a random name generator.
....Doug

Your parents?

Quote from: Pourme on December 14, 2016, 09:24:27 PM

Are you Hillary?

No, he wouldn't be Futuralon then, he would be Historyalon.....

Terry

Ktownphoneco

"Random name generator"  =   Your parents ?            Good one Terry !    I like it !

Jeff

Futuralon

Quote from: Fabius on December 14, 2016, 11:19:56 PM
Must be a celebrity. Maybe one of the Kardashians?

I wish -- celebrities are rich!