News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I have a hunch, just a hunch...

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, February 13, 2014, 09:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

Great work, Christian!  I really like the two-tone look, especially in that color.
Paul

Doug Rose

Christian......really nice job...way to hang in there with it. You should be very proud....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 06, 2014, 07:39:15 PM
Looks nice, I'd like to see how it plays into your display.

Ben
Thanks! I think it'll look out of place for now, at least until I restore my Oxford Grey black dial set.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

baldopeacock

Very, very nice, Christian.   How did you get the aqua paint out of the Bell System logo on the back?

Looks to me like you just made a few hundred bucks, in terms of recovered value of a rare-color 500.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: RotarDad on April 06, 2014, 07:47:00 PM
Great work, Christian!  I really like the two-tone look, especially in that color.
I love the two tone phones, and hopefully I get a factory-style set one of these days. :)
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 06, 2014, 08:26:30 PM
Christian......really nice job...way to hang in there with it. You should be very proud....Doug
A lot of time went into this phone, and I'm proud of every second I spent restoring it!
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: baldopeacock on April 06, 2014, 08:50:51 PM
Very, very nice, Christian.   How did you get the aqua paint out of the Bell System logo on the back?

Looks to me like you just made a few hundred bucks, in terms of recovered value of a rare-color 500.

I just used the "Totally Awesome" soap, and I carefully chipped away the paint with my fingernails (I'm surprised my fat fingers didn't gouge the badge). :P
Christian Petterson

baldopeacock

QuoteI just used the "Totally Awesome" soap, and I carefully chipped away the paint with my fingernails (I'm surprised my fat fingers didn't gouge the badge). :P

I don't know of anyone who's found a chemical that's effective on Polane up to now.   You saw that on a model-builders' forum, didn't you?   

Dennis Markham

Christian, your phone looks great.  Nice job of rescuing that one!

persido

Wow looks great, the blue and the black look great together.

Scot