News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring a 634BC Subset to a WE 203 and to the phone jack

Started by cjohn00176, May 16, 2020, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjohn00176

Yes that's right this is what I have. How do I wire the subset to the WE 203 and in turn how do i wire the subset to the phone jack?
Here are pictures. Thanks.

dsk

Welcom here, I do not recognize that phone with 6 cords to the subset.  I f you could point me to the schematics for the phone I guess I could help you, and I  am sure others here know more about that one.

It may be here: https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/bsps-bell-system/bsp-categories-by-early-letter-code-by-doc/c-series-station-installation-and-maintenance/c40-c99-magneto-public-tel-special-uses-etc/4645-c44-102-i1-jun31-anti-sidetonehandtelephonesets201-202-203-205and?highlight=WzIwM10=

dsk

dsk

I so you tape the Red from the dial, and the RR from the left hook switch on your picture. GN to GN. R to R. YY to L2 and Y to the capacitor wire terminal. If that subset not have a double capacitor you will need to add a 2-5uF nonon polarized capacitor between the YY and the Cterminal on the coil. Markings in the subset refers to coil.  It looks like you have a double capacitor, but I'm not sure.

dsk