"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A thrift store phone find I cannot find any info about

Started by DChapman, February 08, 2017, 10:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DChapman

Greetings!

I found a vintage phone / clock radio combo at a thrift store today and felt it was something special.  However, I cannot find ANYTHING about it on the internet.  I came across your forum and thought I'd join and post to see if you fine folks might have any insight.  PLEASE forgive me as it's not a rotary phone, but I saw people posting about other types of phones, so thought I'd join and ask.

Here are pictures of the phone: https://imgur.com/a/dH8e2

it is a Telequest Teletime Clock Radio and phone combo. On the box it says copyright 1989 and everything about it looks new (though the phone/radio itself looks almost brand new). However, eBay, Amazon, and even Google have NOTHING on this awesome gizmo.  Any insights or opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

paul-f

Welcome to the forum!

Nice find.

I can't help with the model, but have been gradually collecting info on the manufacturer. They created some interesting decorative phones in the 1980s. Some info and other models are posted here:

http://www.paul-f.com/TeleQuest.html

With your permission, I'd like to add one or two of your photos to the page.

We prefer to have photos posted on the forum, rather than externally with links.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

DChapman

Hi Paul,

I actually came across your website last night and emailed you :)

You're welcome to add the pictures.  However, I plan to sell this on eBay and will take higher quality pictures if you would prefer to use those?

Any ideas on its' potential value?

paul-f

Quote from: DChapman on February 08, 2017, 11:23:09 AM
I actually came across your website last night and emailed you :)

Your email hasn't been delivered yet. I'll have to check the filter folders.

There don't seem to be many Telequest collectors. Most I've seen have sold for nominal sums. It's always worth giving ebay a try, though. One never knows who may be out there or why they want something.
Good luck.

Better photos would be nice. Thanks.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

DChapman

Thanks Paul.  I'll post the pics here when I take them.