"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Newbie Here !

Started by jiggerman, June 04, 2009, 09:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerman

Quote from: bingster on June 05, 2009, 12:48:28 AM
If the yellowing is caused by decades of nicotine deposits rather than UV exposure, a thorough scrubbing with scouring cleanser works wonders.  I've de-yellowed both pink and white by scrubbing with Bon Ami, followed by brass polish.

Want to thank everyone for their helpful comments. I'll try cleaning a few phones in the coming weeks and I'll let you know how they turned out.  There's a hugh garage sale tomorrow for the whole city of Sherbrooke, over 350 so I should find a few phones. I'll let you know what I found. I'll have a couple of beers and retire early tonight. Thanks again, James

John S

Welcome!!!!!!!

You will love this forum.....its great....I have learned alot....

John

HobieSport

Hi James,

Oh goody, a new member in Canada. :)  I'm on the Northern Californian Coast. I have a couple of Canadian phones; a Northern Electric 302 (same as a WE 302) and a Uniphone #2 wall model. I love the unique shapes of the Uniphones and their high quality.

-Matt
-Matt

jiggerman

Hello Everyone,
                          Spent most of my day Saturday checking out the garage sales. Managed to find 5 phones, a 64 princess, wall phone and a few others. I can post a picture if anyone is interested in seeing them. I like the Auction Talk section on this site, lots of interesting topics. Keep up the good work, James

Dan

Please post pics Jiggerman. Nice finds!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Yep, we always like to see pictures. :)
-Matt

jiggerman

Here's the picture of my finds. Could you let me know something about the round phone, plastic bottom, no date, just marked Northern Telecom. Thanks, James

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/jiggermanca/garage%20sales/?action=view&current=garagesale002.jpg

bingster

The round phone is called the "Dawn" model.  It came in a variety of colors and was one of the regular offerings from Bell Canada in the 1970s, maybe into the '80s.  That one's a nice one, because most of them that I see have modular cords.  That one's hardwired, making it an earlier one.
= DARRIN =

foots

Hey jiggerman, what make is that red phone? It looks like my Carlson-Stromberg with the exception that mine has no letters around the dial, just numbers.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

jiggerman

Quote from: bingster on June 08, 2009, 09:30:34 PM
The round phone is called the "Dawn" model.  It came in a variety of colors and was one of the regular offerings from Bell Canada in the 1970s, maybe into the '80s.  That one's a nice one, because most of them that I see have modular cords.  That one's hardwired, making it an earlier one.
HI Bingster
                   Thanks for the info on the phone,  you guys really know your stuff. Very enjoyable hobby and pastime, and it doesn't have to be expensive unless you want it to. Boy... I didn't know there were so many different phones out there. To answer "foots" question on the red phone it's a 1974 Northern Telecom NE 500.  Thank you all, Jiggerman