News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lucent Technologies MOH 105A Module

Started by Babybearjs, April 06, 2017, 04:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Picked up an odd little gadget today... a 105A module for a newer Lucent Tech KTU.... does anyone know anything about these? is there any documentation on them in the TCI Library? can it be used in an older system? it just came with a white paper telling you where to plug it into the newer unit... can I use this unit?
John

unbeldi

It's probably the Music-on-Hold signal coupler for a Partner system.
A picture tells a thousand words...  You have Google ?

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

so now that we know what it is.... how can we use it on a 1A1 system? it will accept a RJ45 cord, which I have plenty of. is there a wiring schematic for this at all? I have a music source, my MP3 Player... and I have lots of music.... oh yeh, and a telephone system.....
John

TelePlay

Quote from: unbeldi on April 06, 2017, 09:48:19 AM
It's probably the Music-on-Hold signal coupler for a Partner system.

Seeing this appears to be an impedance matching interface between what looks like an RCA plug IN to a RJ modular cord OUT, could this be uses with a Panasonic 616/308?

(if so, this also assumes the user if playing music on hold to external parties has the proper BMI/ASCAP license to do so --  in house systems would not need a license but then music on hold would most likely not be needed on an in house system either)

unbeldi

Quote from: TelePlay on April 06, 2017, 01:51:37 PM
Seeing this appears to be an impedance matching interface between what looks like an RCA plug IN to a RJ modular cord OUT, could this be uses with a Panasonic 616/308?

That is correct in part. It also has a volume adjustment to match signal levels.

It has no use for the Panasonic ESS, which already has a built-in line-level MOH input.
It also has no use in any of the earlier electro-mechanical key systems (1Ax, etc.)

Babybearjs

I'm going to have to do more investigation on this matter... I know there has to be a way to interface it with a 1A1 system.... I just have to compare notes between this unit and an older MOH unit and how its wired into the system.... does anyone know if there is any practices still existing showing the wiring schematic of the 105A. does the library have any Lucent Tech info in it? this unit must be pretty new....so the paperwork for it must still exist...
John

unbeldi

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 06, 2017, 10:55:10 PM
I'm going to have to do more investigation on this matter... I know there has to be a way to interface it with a 1A1 system.... I just have to compare notes between this unit and an older MOH unit and how its wired into the system.... does anyone know if there is any practices still existing showing the wiring schematic of the 105A. does the library have any Lucent Tech info in it? this unit must be pretty new....so the paperwork for it must still exist...

It is not an MOH "unit".  It has almost nothing to do with MOH as telephony feature.  It is a signal adapter, that's all.

Babybearjs

Thanks for the info... where can I more information on this unit?
John