News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

holiday 2014

Started by Babybearjs, November 13, 2014, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

...... and this is what it looked like "in Progress"....  the room was originally painted in "Midnight Blue".....
John

dsk

Actually the 2 last summers has been used on this project, and of-course it will never end completely ;)
We have lots of regulations, and are not allowed to have water and in until we get a connection to the non existing sewage.   ;) It is plan about making a system, so I got the permission to do this project by myselves. A new big sleeping room and a toilet room with a bio toilet. The shower are only legal as long as I collect the waist water, and carry it out by hand, then I may tilt my bucket on ground legally.  Not a bad Idea, it limits the volume of water used.  A little extra job, but we dont have to go outdoors for toilet and showering.  We also have to carry the water in, but may pump and heat it as we want inside the house.   We have drilled e well together with one of the neighbours, and got water from about 40 meters below sea level.  :o

dsk

dsk

Well, we did not drill that well by our selves ;D

And of-course we have a real telephone, actually 2, one 500 in the livingroom  connected to a gsm adapter.

dsk

AE_Collector

John:

Thats a lot of work to cover that dark blue paint! I had to repaint a much smaller bedroom once that was previously a dark maroon color. The second batch of pictures, the "during pictures" answered the question if what was propped up in front of the bathtub....the sliding closet doors!

Dag:

What a project! Looks great. Lots of strange sounding rules but I guess there is some logic to them.

Terry

Babybearjs

Yup! those were the closet doors... big change from that blue... I'm still getting used to it after 2 years....
John

Babybearjs

who has the pine paneled cabin? that's too much wood for me!
John

dsk

;) We love pine panel, but it has to be broken by some furniture, art on the walls etc. (comming)
For me this project became a little bigger than I liked, and yes the rules are some strange, but the intention are to reduce the load of polluted (soapy?) water to the ground. 

dsk

Kenton K

I agree, I love seeing that nice wood grain.

Babybearjs

I love wood too, but to me that seems overwhelming.... reminds me of a steamroom.... but, if its your summer cabin, then you don't have to live with it everyday.
John