News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC Mickey Mouse Phone

Started by Babybearjs, July 05, 2016, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I have a ATC MM Phone that has ALL ATC parts in it. the model Number is  TMBF8011 with a factory part number of 204745-02. The TCI Library does not have this model in its archives. Does anyone know anything about this model as the circuit board has the switch hook built into the board and has terminals E1-E8 which are part of the switch. The TT pad has colors that don't match the regular scheme. (bwn, Slt) any help would be appreciated.
John

poplar1

I found a non-working one at Sonny's warehouse; perhaps it is the same. Network is marked "ATC ASSY NO. 736661 - 01  CHARACTER PHONE."

Tone Pad is enclosed in a white case, ATC Part No. 736422:

White -- GN
Green -- E3
Brown -- E2
Orange-Black -- C
Black -- RR
Red -- S
Red-Green -- R
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

Thank you for the info. this way I can get the phone put back together.... I also need to verify the receiver connections... from the Modular jack, Black to "B" red to "S" with the red from the TT pad and green and white on the "GN" terminal. I plugged the phone in, it does work.. the TT pad operates like it suppose to but my transmitter is not on.... can hear the DT ok, but can't talk....what wire do I need to change to fix this?
John

poplar1

White (rec) --  R
Green (rec) --  GN
Black (xmtr) -- B
Red (xmtr) --  S

Also, there are 2 jumpers (straps):
GN to E1
R to E8

Ktownphoneco

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but the TCI Library does have a copy of a ATC schematic for the push button version of whats referred to as the Mickey Mouse / Snoopy telephone set.

The schematic is attached.     Thanks to the TCI Library for providing the schematic.

Jeff Lamb

Babybearjs

Thank you for the help! the schematics on line for these phones don't include the ATC Version of the phone, it schematics seem to cover WE and AE versions only.
for some reason no one has any full ATC files. did ATC ever release any files? like so many other companies outside of the WE/AE systems, the files are lost to history.
John

Ktownphoneco

The TCI LIbrary has that particular schematic labelled as an "ATC" version, and it doesn't look like the schematic format followed by Western or Northern.      The entry in the library must be incorrectly labelled for a Mickey Mouse phone from some other manufacturer other than Western, Northern or ATC.

Sorry about that.

Jeff

Babybearjs

Thanks. When I was looking through the files nothing matched what I had... anyway... I had the phone working until I tried to get the bell to ring.... I have the bell wired on L2, F, A, and K.  I disconnected the slate wires from A and K, and tried to wire the bell in series with the cap and then lost my dialtone... for some reason I still had power because the TT pad still toned out when pushed... strange.... any clue as to what to look for? the tip and ring wires were OK because I got a DT on my butt set. so what could be wrong??
John

stub

John,
        Go to TCI Library and do a basic search and type in this number  - 997-153-800
        Mickey phone starts at pg. 30 of 47 . Diagram is on pg. 42 of 47. Hope this helps.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Babybearjs

Ken, Thank you. I looked up the practice and it showed all AE wiring.... doesn't help.... does anyone know if ATC marketed their own line in stores? maybe that's why I can't find any schematic.... the phone is marked as a ATC CS telephone. (consumer sales)
John

Jim Stettler

I don't think ATC had there own "guts". My guess is they used AE "guts" for the "ATC"  phones.

The ATC phones were marketed thru many of the independent telephone companies. The "guts" for these probably depended on the equipment used by the telephone companies.
I have seen handsets marked for ATC.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

poplar1

Both AE and ATC "guts" are shown in the practice Stub mentioned.

Originally, the phones were sold  to customers without any working parts. Then the working parts were installed by the phone co. and leased to the customer. In later years,  phones were sold complete with working parts: Some of these are the ones with Comdial or ATC parts.

These Deco-Tel/ATC phones can have Western Electric, Automatic Electric, Stromberg-Carlson, Comdial or ATC parts inside. The one I mentioned with ATC parts was made in 1983.

Babybearjs

Did Comdial ever release any schematics on these? because the phone I have does not have any W.E or AE parts Inside.... as stated before, I though ATC only made the shells, and the phone companies did the rest....
John

poplar1

Quote from: Babybearjs on July 27, 2016, 12:20:42 AM
Thanks. When I was looking through the files nothing matched what I had... anyway... I had the phone working until I tried to get the bell to ring.... I have the bell wired on L2, F, A, and K.  I disconnected the slate wires from A and K, and tried to wire the bell in series with the cap and then lost my dialtone... for some reason I still had power because the TT pad still toned out when pushed... strange.... any clue as to what to look for? the tip and ring wires were OK because I got a DT on my butt set. so what could be wrong??

Not sure that you have the same phone, but in this one, red ringer wire goes to K, black ringer wire to L1, and, like all WE Princess and Trimline ringers, the slate and slate-red are taped and stored.  (This phone has an ITT ringer and an ATC network.)

Babybearjs

John