News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just got this for my 1D set

Started by Key2871, April 30, 2018, 06:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Just got this from eBay, been wanting one for a while.
I know the seller, from days of old in the ATCA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Western-Electric-Verizon-Embossed-Payphone- ;DVault-Door-Pay-Phone-Telephone-/163020103858

<edit> Please always add a picture (or two) as eBay links quickly go dead eliminating the ability to properly follow this discussion in the future.
KEN

Butch Harlow

mvtel is Mikes Vintage telephones, he is a nice guy. I was searching for a key and found his site on the internet. I had never met or spoken to him before and he offered me a million ideas on how to get in short of bringing the phone to him in NY. He said if I was ever up he'd open it for me, for a fee of course. But, he was really nice to a total stranger.

Nice door, BTW.
Butch Harlow

Key2871

Yes, I've done business with him before, when I was in the ATCA, I was premature posting that. I contacted him off bay and asked about getting one. So it will be on its way soon.
It was more a test of my posting skill using my phone, and I figured it out.
And yes, I like the color and design of that door.
Thanks, Ken
KEN

Key2871

My new door should be here in a few days. Here are a few pictures of my phone now.
KEN

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Thanks, I got the basic set off of eBay about 20 years ago.
It was not so good, I replaced the upper with a NOS upper, the old one looked like somebody tried to get the lock out with a screw driver. Hacked all around the lock. And I did try to make that opening look better, it wasn't working, so a few days later I found that NOS AT&T upper and bought it. Took the unmarked faceplate and put it on the old one, and sold that.
I took this one down to the bare shell and cleaned the whole thing up, polished the chrome, an put it all back together. Dennis Owens sent me the instruction card's and I had the NOS NYNEX door, put that on and this is what I ended up with. Now I await the Verizon door, I've been looking for a nice one I could afford. I am in process of making repop Verizon card's.
KEN

Haf

This might help :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Key2871

KEN

Key2871

We'll, I finally got the vault door. It is in excellent condition, thanks to Mike Davis for the door.
Printed reproduction cards for it, here's the finished product.
I had limited space to mount the phone in my shed, so I made a swing back for the phone. When I need extra room. I just push it back out of the way.
KEN

Key2871

Well I up graded my payphone. The black one was beat, and I remember seeing a yellow handset on a Verizon set, thought it looked good, so I got one. It draws your eye to the phone for sure.
KEN