News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm heading to Norway, Denmark and Sweden at the end of August.

Started by MagicMo, June 15, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Has anyone ever been? Is there something I just have to see? I will there for three weeks. From what I hear Norway is the most expensive Country to live in. Thank God I will only be there for a week!
mo
Practice Kindness :)

Greg G.

There's at least one or two people on the forum in Norway or Denmark.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

dsk

Now I may have an Idea, but just an Idea of how you felt it when your trip had to be cancelled.
:'( My son was hospitalized friday evening, we still dont know the diagnosis,  they have done a great job taking lots of tests but ? ? ?

The USA trip went in the toilet.

Still optimistic about my sons recovery, and that actually whats matter for me just now.

dsk

compubit

I did a shortened version of that trip last summer (10 days across Denmark, Norway and Sweden) - took Mom & Dad for their 50th wedding anniversary (a year early; they took family on an Alaskan Cruise this year).

Thursday: depart the U.S.
Friday/Saturday: Copenhagen
Sunday: drove over to Jutland to find my Dad's family's hometown.
Monday: flew to Oslo; day in Oslo
Tuesday: flew to Stockholm; rented a car for a couple of days near Hudiksvall (my Mom's family's hometown)
Thursday: Back to Stockholm for a couple of days (parent's went to Visby, Gotland for a day on the last 2 tickets available on SAS - my dad had sung there while in the college glee club))
Sunday: head back home and back to reality.

I wish I had more time over there, especially Norway - and wanted to get out to the west coast where my Dad's mom's family was from. I did watch the late night news from that part of the country (NRK broadcasts all of the local evening newscasts overnight) and could definitely see facial features of my gramma in local folks around Bergen...

Have a great time! It's not cheap, but you'll have a great time (all of the Norwegians do it everyday!).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector

I hope all turns out well dsk. Were you about to do a trip to the USA that had to be cancelled? I hope you had insurance to cover the lost trip. I can be redone sometime in the future.

Terry

dsk

AE_Collector