News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Good Thing I Was Not Carrying A Phone!

Started by Craig T, January 26, 2010, 05:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I fell down the stairs 2 weeks ago, carrying 5 500s.  I was hurt but the phones weren't.
- Tom

Craig T

That must have been some landing juggling 5 phones! Sounds like the moral to your story is the same one as mine  :) Hope it was nothing too bad.

AET

I was sweatin' it.  I had my new 1952 500 (my current oldest one) in my hands.
- Tom

WEBellSystemChristian

Mind if I restart this thread?

When I was about 4 (about 12 years ago) I lived in a different house a couple cities away from me now. The house I lived in had wooden stairs, at a very steep angle. Well, I had gotten back from school that day, after making a cross necklace. I was on the 2nd floor, and I wanted to see what my necklace looked like from a distance. I hung it up on a light switch, stood back a bit and...

oops.

I realized then that I was standing with my back to the staircase, and when I stood back, I fell down the stairs backwards! I tumbled down the whole flight of stairs, with one odd second-long break in the middle. After the horrible fall, my back was out of place, and for a couple days walked with the upper half of my body crooked! A couple trips to the chiropractor solved the problem!

Another story was from my Dad, who went to summer camp as a kid. The cabins there had bunk beds with concrete floors, and a 7 foot drop in between! The general Rule of Thumb was that smaller kids went in the top bucks, while heavier ones stayed on lower bunks. One chubbier kid decided to stay in a top bunk overnight, and while he was asleep, rolled out of his bed, and fell facedown onto the concrete floor 7 feet below, and kept sleeping!! Everyone in the cabin woke up to a loud CRACK when he hit the ground! He woke up the next morning without any pain and nothing broken!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford