"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Collector's Dream!

Started by HarrySmith, April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 03, 2014, 02:14:55 PM
Personally, I wouldn't wait. I'd take the day off, and go get them NOW. Someone else may see them and offer him $200.00, then they are gone.
D/P
No, the whole thing was an April Fool's day gag. It seems everyone who read this topic got fooled!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Quote from: Slal on April 03, 2014, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: paul-f on April 01, 2014, 09:58:13 PM
Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM

I am so excited I probably won't sleep until the weekend is over! I also think this is a cure for Phonitis!

Harry,

The fact that you are following up on this with enthusiasm is clear evidence that you have crossed over into an advanced state of Phonitis.  It is characterized by the delusion that one can not have too many phones -- the more the merrier!

As you have said many times, there is no cure.

You have come a long way in the last few years and are an inspiration to younger collectors.

Congratulations on taking the next step in your journey!   ;D

Heh.  Nice April fools gag.

But you guys are also telling me phones can be habit forming? 

Think I've bought 4 phones in just 6 weeks.

"Danger Will Robinson!"

Should I cut back?  ; )

--Bruce

It is called Phonitis, it is a progressive, incurable disease. 4 phones in one week is a sure symptom. All you can do now is prepare. First take all furniture that won't hold a phone and move it out into the yard. Next take all your money and put it in PayPal, don't worry, it won't be there long.  Now you are ready, buy more phones!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Greg G.

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM
It finally happened, I got a call on my Google voice today which is in my Craigslist ad for old phones, buy, sell & repair. It was an older guy saying he had a bunch of phones to get rid of. I was expecting a few 500's in the closet or something. Boy was I shocked! He has a garage full of phones! Piled up to the ceiling in some places! I could see color 500's and 302's! Wood piled up in the back, phones and ringer boxes! He said he worked for the phone company and could not bear to toss them out after removing them so he just tossed them in the garage instead. He was intending to fix them up but never got around to it and now wants to put a hot rod in the garage so he needs them out fast!  I am still in shock! I told him I would I would rent a truck and come back this weekend. I asked him how much he wanted for them all, he said "Just give me $100.00 and get them out"!! I am so excited I probably won't sleep until the weekend is over! I also think this is a cure for Phonitis!

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 02, 2014, 06:26:53 AM
Ok guys. What was the date yesterday?

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Harry;
I didn't read all of the posts.
I owe you one....
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Scotophor

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PMA Collector's Dream!

You just go right on dreaming, and let us know when you wake up.
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6