News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dialgizmo

Started by LoveOldPhones, October 27, 2016, 11:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoveOldPhones

I finally got them in the mail today.  WOW !  they took a long time from OZ to get here.  BUT !   they work GREAT !
I wasn't sure ... from what I read... whether the device would work but it does... and works well.

glad i bought the gizmo

TelePlay

Quote from: LoveOldPhones on October 27, 2016, 11:06:52 PM
I finally got them in the mail today.  WOW !  they took a long time from OZ to get here.  BUT !   they work GREAT !
I wasn't sure ... from what I read... whether the device would work but it does... and works well.

glad i bought the gizmo

Were they shipped through Opa Locka, Florida?

Anyway, nice to know the current version works.

LoveOldPhones

Quote from: TelePlay on October 28, 2016, 01:42:02 AM
Were they shipped through Opa Locka, Florida?

Anyway, nice to know the current version works.

I don't know.... I bought them directly from the guy in Australia...  thats why they took so long to get here.... they came from OZ.  lol

TelePlay

We've had some fun at Opa Locka's expense on the forum, and for good reason. It starts with this reply detailing my experience with the Opa Locka post office . . .

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9429.msg151949#msg151949

Opa Locka has become somewhat of an inside joke when used on the forum these days.

LoveOldPhones

Quote from: TelePlay on October 28, 2016, 02:20:14 AM
We've had some fun at Opa Locka's expense on the forum, and for good reason. It starts with this reply detailing my experience with the Opa Locka post office . . .

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9429.msg151949#msg151949

Opa Locka has become somewhat of an inside joke when used on the forum these days.

OH LOL !  very funny !  I see why you asked now.

fiddleplayer51

I just got my Dialgizmos today from Australia. I ordered 4 and have 3 hooked up to a WE 701, WE 202, and WE 302. They work flawlessly and I'm so happy with them.
The 4th one is for my WE 554 wall phone, but I can't determine how to hook it up. I've created a post called "Connecting Dialgizmo to Western Electric 554 (wall phone)".
I hope someone out there has a solution.
Meanwhile, I'm glad you're as happy as I am with your purchase! I ordered mine directly from the guy in Australia on Nov. 14 and it just arrived today (Nov.21)! Only 1 week to get here. Great service!
Best wishes!

P.S. Here's a pic of my wall mount.

LoveOldPhones

Quote from: fiddleplayer51 on November 21, 2016, 09:05:43 PM
I just got my Dialgizmos today from Australia. I ordered 4 and have 3 hooked up to a WE 701, WE 202, and WE 302. They work flawlessly and I'm so happy with them.
The 4th one is for my WE 554 wall phone, but I can't determine how to hook it up. I've created a post called "Connecting Dialgizmo to Western Electric 554 (wall phone)".
I hope someone out there has a solution.
Meanwhile, I'm glad you're as happy as I am with your purchase! I ordered mine directly from the guy in Australia on Nov. 14 and it just arrived today (Nov.21)! Only 1 week to get here. Great service!
Best wishes!

P.S. Here's a pic of my wall mount.

If I recall... mine took longer than a week.  the guy didn't send them out for a while.... and never ever answered any of my emails.  so yeah !  when they finally came I was thrilled to see they worked.  I have my main 1952 black WE 500 hooked up to one and the calls go out perfectly !

19and41

Out of curiosity, does the memory dial and the [*/#] functions work with your unit?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

LoveOldPhones

Quote from: 19and41 on November 28, 2016, 01:21:35 PM
Out of curiosity, does the memory dial and the [*/#] functions work with your unit?

ya know.... I don't know.   I haven't tried it.  I think there are instructions on how to use # and *....  just haven't looked at it yet.
maybe someone else who has one of these can answer.

19and41

I have one,  It doesn't work and I was wondering if they had fixed that portion. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke