News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

.....now WHERE did I put that????

Started by Babybearjs, December 20, 2015, 09:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Here are my recent pictures of my shed.... looking for some parts here....but where I put them??? I'm probably going to have to pull everything out on order to find the missing parts!  telephones and computers....I have to many of each! the black crate that is shown, that's jus 1 of 7 crates.... all full with parts.....  but not what I am looking for.... does anyone have the same problem????
John

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

I think many of us are in the same boat.  I might have somewhat of a cluttered area in my work shop too.  What's fun is the day we decide to straighten things up a bit.  Then we can find those things we forgot we had.

~Dennis

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 20, 2015, 10:30:29 PM
...we can find those things we forgot we had.
...or gather such an exquisite collection that the overflow is pure gold to guys like me. Paul F found a field trial Trimline handset while looking through his box FULL of 10 button Trimline handsets! Heck, I haven't even found ONE of those yet!!! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Babybearjs

well.... at least I'm not alone.... its fun working on these phones, but when you combine that plus computers.... the parts really add up....
John

jsowers

To those old phones and computers, try adding old radios, two old couches and chairs and several old TVs to the mix and you have my basement. Add several bags of plastic grocery bags that look like Tribbles multiplying.

I was never more amazed as I was Saturday morning when I went to the basement and actually found a modular 2702 Princess I needed for parts. It was only the third box I opened. I even labeled the boxes, but they spent a month or two outside in my old station wagon before they were hauled to the basement and the labels faded. And it was at least six years ago they were stored downstairs. I remembered the phones, but not where they were. So John and Dennis, you are definitely not alone.
Jonathan

AE_Collector

A nice two tone gray AE SAU20 in the first picture on the top shelf far right side! Around here most were two tone beige/brown but I do have a 10 line in gray and a 6 line in white.

Terry

compubit

Hey, I also resemble these remarks...

If I can ever convince myself to take a full weekend and just organize...

Nah, will never happen!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Babybearjs

terry, its my last AE SAU-6 I got it from Phoneco and they have sold this item out. I'd get a 10 and 20 line unit, but they want too much... I does work, it just need the 6 volt rechargeable battery it used to have. had I known how these things worked back in the 80's when I first discovered them, I would have never reverse engineered them.. I must have scrapped about 3 of these trying to figure out how they worked.... then I discovered Joe Smiths website and found the information I was lacking.... now I know better!
John

andre_janew

Back when I was on the farm, I had a shop with a lot of farm machinery parts in it.  I inherited that shop from my dad.  I was not only asking myself where I put a certain part, but also where he might've put it.  Yes, I can relate to your problem.  I did manage to get some order among the chaos of the shop!

WesternElectricBen

The real problem you get into is when you have multiple buildings in different cities, and you need a replacement part (that you know you have) that you cannot remember if it is in the basement shop or in the garage 20 miles away.

Ben

TelePlay

I've found that the best way to find something is to go out and buy another item, whatever it might be. Within minutes of bringing the "replacement" item into play, the lost item magically appears.

I'd like to post a picture of my "mess" but I can't find my camera. Now where did I put it?

Dennis Markham

John, you are exactly correct.  I did just that yesterday with some small "night light" bulbs.  I bought a new package of 4 of them and an hour after I got home I found the package with 3 new ones that I bought who-knows-how-long-ago.  Works every time.

~Dennis

Babybearjs

well, at least you won't be out of lights!
John