Main Menu

An Oh My Moment

Started by Doug Rose, March 24, 2017, 02:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I can't wait to see the results.
Gary

HarrySmith

Cool. I was thnking the same thing but I have so many projects going on right now I did not need another.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 27, 2017, 09:45:52 AM
Cool. I was thnking the same thing but I have so many projects going on right now I did not need another.
I have too many projects as it is, and I feel like I'm buying more projects than I am restoring old ones. Still, I'll be restoring another 'old' project at the same time as this, so that's how I'm justifying my purchase... ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, it looks like it should be here earlier than I thought...tomorrow. :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

I have reconstructed several plastic stereoscopic viewers and one technique I developed was to use a metal staple placed into the unseen side of the plastic to provide retention to a stressed apart crack in an item.  I would use my Dremel tool to drill 2 holes big enough to insert a paper clip sized wire, bent like a paper staple with the legs slightly bent inward.  I would mill out a small recess between the holes across a right angle to the crack and through it.  I could then join the crack and insert the staple so the cross piece would fit within the recess.  Then the repair could be filled in and the repair would have added strength and resistance to fracture.  Most often, I used this technique with bakelite but it could work with other plastics depending on it's thickness.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke