News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cache of cameras

Started by ....., January 07, 2016, 10:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Found this cache of cameras at a local thrift shop.
Paid $48.00 CDN for everything at $6.00 each.

2 Kodak Brownie Movie Cameras 8mm (f/1.9) (1951-1963)
1 Polaroid Land Camera Automatic Model 210 (with Original case, Flashgun #268) (1967-1969)
1 Polaroid Land Camera Automatic Model 230 (1967-1969)
1 Polaroid Land Camera Automatic Model 340 (with Original case, Flashgun #268) (1969-1971)
1 Polaroid Land Camera Automatic Model 340 (1969-1971)
1 Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera Sonar One Step (1978- ?)
1 Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera Accessory Kit

19and41

Fuji makes pack film for at least the older cameras.  I'm not sure if they make SX-70 film yet.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

WesternElectricBen

Do you collect cameras?

Ben

Quote from: 19and41 on January 23, 2016, 10:48:12 PM
Fuji makes pack film for at least the older cameras.  I'm not sure if they make SX-70 film yet.

There are a group of people that bought the old Polaroid factory and started making film for the Polaroid cameras again.

https://www.the-impossible-project.com/about/

Doug

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on January 23, 2016, 11:25:26 PM
Do you collect cameras?

Ben

Ben, I guess you can say I do, but I'm not big into it. When I'm out looking for treasures and come across an older camera item at the right price I'll buy it. I do have some older camera related items. Movie projector, movie cameras, slide projectors and viewers, film splicers. When I came across these cameras I couldn't resist from buying them. ( I didn't have any Polaroid's ) Most of the items that I buy that are not phone related I resell.

Doug

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

All these cameras sold to one person who collects cameras. I had listed one camera on Kijiji and a young lady came to look at it. When she seen the rest she offered to buy them all and I excepted her offer. She took everything posted in the pictures above. I now have more room for a package phone deal that I'm am going to pick up this week. I'll post pictures of them when I get them home.

19and41

It's good you had the right person come along.  Such cameras are usually a tough sell.
— Arthur C. Clarke