News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Federal 2 Button Intercom

Started by royg, November 10, 2014, 03:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royg

I had the opportunity to pick up these two Federal Telephone 2 button intercoms. I am looking to find out more detail on these. I would like to be able to use them as intercoms. One is missing the mouth piece which should be an issue to find. However I am missing one of the button caps which I suspect will be more difficult. Any information would be welcome. thanks

Jim Stettler

There are 4 different mouthpieces that fit almost all US phones.
Western Electric, Kellogg, Automatic Electric, and Stromberg-Carlson. There is also inside thread. You might want to check the TCI library for a mouthpiece interchange guide.

I have had some luck using Teflon plumbing tape to make a loose fitting  mouthpiece fit tightly.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Russ Kirk

For your Federal mouthpiece take a look at this message thread:

Re: List of similar threaded mouthpieces?
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6896.msg110810#msg110810

Measure the OD of the threads and see the matching category.  What is the size you need?  And are the threads on the outside or inside?

Note, Federal phones are not mentioned in the referenced thread,  so when you determine the size you need, please let us know so we can update our lists.

There others that are not mentioned and I do not know the sizes.

Samson - inside threads
North - inside threads.

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Nice find on those Federals. I also have one, the receiver is a "shorty" which is a tough find. Mine came missing a MP and WE fit perfectly...Welcome to the Forum...Doug
Kidphone