News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this a real phone?

Started by Greg G., May 21, 2012, 09:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I'm not sure, I'm not versed on wooden wall phones, but I'm inclined to think not.  The bells look like props, but the receiver and transmitter sorta look genuine.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

No, it is not a real phone, but the dog might be real.

The "phone" is probably one of those decorative covers for a wall phone.

Larry

AE_Collector

Or a toy OR a cheap decoration.

Radio's are frequntly seen that look like wooden wall phones of about the same level of quality as this one.

Terry

Owain

isn't that a bathroom cabinet from Poundworld?

TelePlay

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 21, 2012, 09:47:46 PM
No, it is not a real phone, but the dog might be real.

Larry

Yes, Larry, the dog is real and show biz runs in the family. Here is a picture of great grampa Nipper.

Greg G.

Except that Nipper was a Pit Bull and the phone dog is a Bull Terrier, and yes, he's a real dog named Tugg.

https://www.facebook.com/TuggBullTerrier
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Quote from: Brinybay on May 24, 2012, 01:21:58 AM
Except that Nipper was a Pit Bull and the phone dog is a Bull Terrier, and yes, he's a real dog named Tugg.

https://www.facebook.com/TuggBullTerrier

Yes, you are right. So, I checked with Tugg and he told me Nipper was actually part of his extended great, great step family. Something about Nipper being related to Tugg's second cousin's great nephew on his grampa's mother-in-laws side, or something like that.

He's said he's sending me his family tree, which no doubt will arrive with yellow stains on the trunk.  ::)

And, this is the result of what happens when I wake up at 2:45 in the morning with a work related backache that won't let me get back to sleep, sleep which I obviously need to get out of my sleep deprived silly mood.  ;)