News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got an EARLY Black WE500. I am pumped !!!!!

Started by Dan, April 24, 2013, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

This looks promising. The curly operator on the dial plate is awesome.If someone  could please help me and post pictures . I will post the auction link. (I know if no pictures are posted the link becomes worthless after a while!)

http://tinyurl.com/abvlhab

This may be the missing link between Dan/Panther's 1948 prototype  and some of the 1950's we have on this forum.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AE_Collector

Here are a three of the pictures Dan. Looks like a good deal for an early 500! Congratulations!

Terry

Dennis Markham

This phone qualifies as a Find of the Month candidate for April!  Nice find, Dan.  I've been searching for one of those for years----since I missed the last one I saw on eBay with the curved OPERATOR.  Congratulations!  (Green with envy)! :)

Dan

Thanks folks. I have been WAY too busy at work and needed to cruise ebay for a phone fix.  I was lucky to be at the right place at the right time. I hope under the hood it is original!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:
We want to see under the hood pictures when it arrives home. Congratulations.
Jorge

LarryInMichigan

What a find!  That beats my 12/50 by nine months.  At some point during that period, the lettering on the bezel changed.

Larry

Jim Stettler

That looks like it may have a back painted dial.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AMCer

512?!  That phone came from Austin, Texas (or abouts)!

Tom B

Great find there, Dan you lucky dog. Can't wait to see the pictures from under the shell - want to bet there might be some parts from 1949?
Tom

AE40FAN

Congratulations, can't wait to see more pictures when it arrives!

Doug Rose

Allright Dan!!! Right under everybody's nose. Great find....Doug
Kidphone

Dan

I will post photos when I get it. The seller said he would pack it the way I told him to (kindly) to avoid  cracks, so the first hurdle has been jumped.

McHeath

Dan

According to Ebay, it should be here tomorrow(monday)