News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pennsylvania shows this summer

Started by stopthemachine, January 12, 2011, 05:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopthemachine

I believe there are two phone shows in PA this summer--one in King of Prussia and one in Lancaster. 

Is anyone in the going?  I've never been to a phone show in the over 10 years I've been collecting, and I hope to get out to both of them. 

I'm about maybe an hour from both of these, but I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Vern P

Yes there are 2 show in PA this year.  How lucky you are to only be an hour away. Me it is 5 hrs. on a plane.

Shows are the BEST place to see, learn about and buy phones at.

They are like a antique show, but no glass dishes only TELEPHONES !!!

I have had to miss the last 4 year, but before that I went to at less 1 show a year, for 10 years. All but 2 I had to fly into. 

Yes travel can be a pain, but were else can you go to see so many telephones, and meet with other that love the same thing you do.

On top of that, you don't get that funny look when you say "I am looking for telephones" and the sale person says "hear you can use this one" or "we don't hear one you can use"

I hope every one looks at going to a show this year. Even better if you make it to them.

Vern P

Just4Phones

I have my fingers crossed that I will make the King of Prussia show.  It's about 3 hours away from NYC by car and I'm hoping I will need a moving van to bring back all of my treasures. 

stopthemachine

Yes, for the longest time, I always felt funny saying, "I collect phones," because you get that peculiar, unmistakable look (although once explained, many people find it pretty interesting).  

Living in the Delaware Valley (Philly and its suburbs) certainly has its perks with its close proximity to Philly, NYC, as well as the stretch of NJ.  (I live only 4 minutes from the Delaware River--almost certainly where Washington made his famous journey to Trenton in the icy waters!  Haha)  

I've considered attending shows in CT, but then just got busy over the summer.  

I always think to myself--"Gosh, my phone collection will pale in comparison to the ones I'll see at the phone shows," but who knows?  At least it would be a non-stop gab fest with other "phonies."   ;D

AE_Collector

Quote from: Just4Phones on January 13, 2011, 08:10:20 PM
I have my fingers crossed that I will make the King of Prussia show.  It's about 3 hours away from NYC by car and I'm hoping I will need a moving van to bring back all of my treasures.  

Even better to put the word out for a "carpool partner" in your area. Then you can talk phones for several hours with another collector on your way there and back! Having the trip planned along with someone else also makes it hard to come up with some feeble excuse to not go at the last minute etc.

Terry

stopthemachine

Quote from: ae_collector on January 13, 2011, 09:01:44 PM
Quote from: Just4Phones on January 13, 2011, 08:10:20 PM
I have my fingers crossed that I will make the King of Prussia show.  It's about 3 hours away from NYC by car and I'm hoping I will need a moving van to bring back all of my treasures.  

Even better to put the word out for a "carpool partner" in your area. Then you can talk phones for several hours with another colector on your way there and back! Having the trip planned along with someone else also makes it hard to come up with some feeble excuse to not go at the last minute etc.

Terry
Haha.  Good idea!  I've talked my brother into going; he is not really a "phone phiend" like yours truly, but I think he'll find the show pretty interesting. 

wds

I'm planning on attending my first Phone Show, next week at Lancaster PA.   Is anyone else going?  Should I bring anything other than my checkbook?  It's an 8 hour drive for me, so I hope not to come home empty handed!
Dave

Dennis Markham

Quote from: wds on May 31, 2011, 12:33:27 PM
  Should I bring anything other than my checkbook? 

Sellers usually prefer cash! :)  Have a great time.  I wish I could attend but it's not in the cards this time.

Weco355aman

Phil

wds

I attended, but was too busy shopping to take pictures.  I did see someone official looking taking pictures though. 
Dave