News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ontario Telephone Shows / Antique Dealers?

Started by canuckphoneguy, February 19, 2012, 09:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuckphoneguy

I'm new to the telephone collecting hobby and am loving it. I've found several great antique dealers where I live, (SW Ontario). Are there any good flea markets or telephone shows that are in Ontario that anyone knows about? I'd drive to Toronto or Hamilton area if I knew there were some great places to visit.

Thanks!

efpac

I am new to this forum too, and live in SW Ontario. There is a Canadian Antique Phone Show usually in the Fall I was in Brampton for a number of years and last year I believe it was in Ottawa. Just Google the show and you will get lots of leads. I don't know where this years will be. The ads start showing up in the Summer on the internet. 

canuckphoneguy

I just went to a great Antique mall in London yesterday. It was called Memory Lane - on Hyde Park Road. It had a few telephones. I'll definitely be going back there. There's also a place near Hamilton - Mizener's. They're open on Sundays only. I plan on going for a drive there too.

efpac

The Christie Antique Show outside Hamilton is a good one. It happens twice a year. There is also the Barrie Automotive Flea Market in the Spring and Fall. For a car part show and sale there was a lot of three slot pay phones. You could try the Aberfoyle Flea Market too...never know what you will find there. It is every Sunday during the Summer. Antique shops in small towns in mid Western Ontario have surprised me, I guess because there were a lot of independent telcos there (still a few left).

canuckphoneguy

Quote from: efpac on February 21, 2012, 07:59:27 PM
The Christie Antique Show outside Hamilton is a good one. It happens twice a year. There is also the Barrie Automotive Flea Market in the Spring and Fall. For a car part show and sale there was a lot of three slot pay phones. You could try the Aberfoyle Flea Market too...never know what you will find there. It is every Sunday during the Summer. Antique shops in small towns in mid Western Ontario have surprised me, I guess because there were a lot of independent telcos there (still a few left).

I'm definitely planning on visiting the Aberfoyle market in the summer. I've found a link that has a LOT of links to antique markets all over Ontario.

http://ontario.farmersandfleamarkets.ca/antique-markets/

I'm working on going through each city/town and making a list of places I could possibly drive to.