Find of the Month - July 2017

Started by AE_Collector, July 01, 2017, 11:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - July 2017    ** THREE VOTES EACH **

oldguy's WE round button 464 keyphone from Craigslist for $35.00
6 (17.6%)
Gary Millam's WE 332-C3 desk phone from eBay for $29.50 plus $11.40 shipping
9 (26.5%)
SUnset2's Old Brass 302 bought at an antique and collectables show in Portland for $35
17 (50%)
tipnring's AE 890 bought at a flea market sale for $17.50 CDN ( or $14.00 US)
10 (29.4%)
Vern P's date matching 1957 WE green 554 in near mint conditions with a dark grey handset cord from an antique shop for $32
9 (26.5%)
LarryInMichigan's WE A1 with E1 handset from Etsy for $110 total
12 (35.3%)
Duffy's 1957 Stromberg Carlson 1583 Hands Free Speaker Phone from Dave Hunter for free
14 (41.2%)
Fabius' Bell System Publication "How To Operate The 555 Cord Switchboard"  User Manual in excellent condition from eBay or $30 total
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

AE_Collector

Wow...talk about being in vacation mode! Yeah I am at the cottage alright, just woke up and realized it is AUGUST 5!

Thanks for getting things started for me John!

Terry

AE_Collector

That's it for the July 2017 Find of the Month and a what a good contest it was! Everyone got significant numbers of votes and the result could have gone any of several different ways. In the end though the winner was SUnset2's Old Brass 302 snagged at an antique and collectables show in Portland for only $35! A great Find we will all agree! Congratulations Sunset2. Duffy was a close second with his unique SC speakerphone adjunct acquired from DavePEI on a visit to the Telephone Museum of Prince aedward Island. I've been there.....almost!

Everyone should be proud of their finds and their votes this month. Even with three votes I struggled to decide where to put them.

Thanks everyone for playing and keeping it fun.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:  --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:  --> Photo Album <--

Terry

SUnset2

Wow, thanks, I'm honored.  My first FOTM.  I didn't expect it, the other nominations were so good.

Quote from: SUnset2 on August 11, 2017, 01:05:44 AM
Wow, thanks, I'm honored.  My first FOTM.  I didn't expect it, the other nominations were so good.

Around here expect the unexpected. Congratulations!