News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green Plastic Repair Test Subject, Anyone?

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, November 04, 2015, 08:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I just saw this green 302 listed on ebay; if it weren't for the $183 BiN, I would have considered getting it.

It looks like a great project phone for Mark Scola; chips, cracks, and missing pieces EVERYWHERE!!! Gaping inch-wide hole in the front right corner of the housing, giant crack running almost the length of the front left corner, and one 'so there' crack in the rear left! As if it weren't bad enough, the dial was replaced!!!

If I were a colored epoxy master, I would have gotten it just to test my skills (you know, the ones I don't have... ::) )

www.ebay.com/itm/121804764724
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

compubit

Here's the link to a Green 302 I picked up on eBay as a BIN for $150:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252150981081 ( dead link 04-13-21 )

I'm hoping I got a better deal! (came across it and pulled the trigger on Saturday - since I wasn't able to attend Paul's auction...)

(I'd post screenshots from the auction, but since I'm the winner, eBay wants to throw a whole bunch of crap in the listing - so it's not a clean pic...).

Jim

----------------------------

EDIT:  images added
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

unbeldi

Quote from: compubit on November 04, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
Here's the link to a Green 302 I picked up on eBay as a BIN for $150:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252150981081

I'm hoping I got a better deal! (came across it and pulled the trigger on Saturday - since I wasn't able to attend Paul's auction...)

(I'd post screenshots from the auction, but since I'm the winner, eBay wants to throw a whole bunch of crap in the listing - so it's not a clean pic...).

Jim

That seems like a good deal, the "dent" can be easily repaired with experience.  Green is a little tricky, I found, because the plastic is very translucent, especially the solutions of the plastic.

The broken phone posted by Christian, however, isn't worth $75, IMHO.  The phone doesn't even have the right dial on it.  That's about my line for phones of that state.  I have got a lot of two colored phone in comparable condition, perhaps actually a little better for $50.

compubit

Just got the phone today and it looks much better in person.  Yes there is the crack on the back, but for a display piece/occasional use, it looks great.  Sound is super; dial's a bit "cranky" (probably need to send it out for cleaning...); handset cord needs a repair (trim and re-spadelug it?) - cords look more "olive green" than the tannish color in the original picture.

I'm a happy camper.  Time to slow down for the holidays in buying (except for this one and just one more of that variety!!!).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!