News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue WE 302 $95

Started by Doug Rose, August 27, 2019, 07:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Ebay has no desire to do a buyer as they would want to have done to them.  Sometimes doing the honorable thing has to be it's own reward.  The one on one with an honest seller is one of the good things about Ebay.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

tubaman

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 28, 2019, 08:04:38 PM
Actually Jeff I have a really nice Blue dial blank that looked like a match. I did not intend to flip it. You are right about someone beating me to it even though I did buy it.

I spoke with eBay today and was told that the binding contract of a sale does not apply to a seller. Seller can cancel for any reason.  No harm, no foul.

Funny thing is, I sold for twenty years on eBay and they always sided with the buyer.  :( ....Doug

So eBay are saying that the contract only applies to the buyer! I thought a contract was a formal agreement between two parties - in this case one to pay the agreed price and the other to supply the product as described.  A contract that only applies to one side is nonsense.
???

I hope you've at least left the seller bad feedback.

FABphones

Seller cancelled as damaged. EBay offers this as an option to a seller to cancel a sale. Admittedly this option is open to misuse.

This reason for cancellation has happened to many of us, including me. Contacting eBay is unlikely to change the outcome, I simply chalked it up to experience.

This phone was listed for just under 10 minutes. The seller may or may not have been contacted via eBay messaging. To be fair, we can only speculate.

This seller has many listings, it appears he has set up auto feedback so positive feedback is left automatically for a buyer immediately after payment.

As a buyer I leave feedback accordingly after the purchase has concluded. In this instance I would leave neutral or neg stating the seller cancelled after payment, depending on buyer/seller communications.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

I was a seller for 20 years on eBay, so I do not leave negative feedback. Seller ended auction as damaged emailed me that he listed it incorrectly, 4.5 hours after I bought it. Someone got to him as he had no idea what he had.

There are bigger tragedies in life.

I could not have purchased one for the price they usually sell at to make a manual set, but this was perfect. ....Doug
Kidphone

mentalstampede

Still seems fishy to me, but it is what it is. Maybe better luck next time.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Doug Rose

Agreed...not happy! ....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

I feel very fortunate with my dealings with sellers, and eBay in general, I've been a member also since 1998, with just under 2000 transactions, and have never lost a dispute, I also do not give negative feedback.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Desert Phone Guy

It will be interesting to see if this blue 302 surfaces in the next few months.  A month or so ago, there was another nice one on ebay which sold for just under $400 on a buy it now.  I believe the seller was in Canada.

Doesn't appear these blue 302 sets are commanding the $1,500 or so prices of a few years ago. 

Dan/Panther

Desert Phone Guy;

Maybe you have a point as to how they can slow down this practice.
eBay could state that if an item is cancelled due to damage, they must provide photos ( Like Jeff Mentions ), iof the item is reported as re-listed at a future date, the seller should be suspended for 10 days. The seller also has to contact the original winner and offer the item at the price they originally won it for.
It ain't gonna happen but it's nice to speculate.

D/P

Doug Rose

My guess is it's already gone off of eBay, but I do agree with your excellent idea that will never happen.  8)...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Quote from: FABphones on August 29, 2019, 06:09:02 AM
Seller cancelled as damaged. EBay offers this as an option to a seller to cancel a sale. Admittedly this option is open to misuse.

This reason for cancellation has happened to many of us, including me. Contacting eBay is unlikely to change the outcome, I simply chalked it up to experience.

This phone was listed for just under 10 minutes. The seller may or may not have been contacted via eBay messaging. To be fair, we can only speculate.

This seller has many listings, it appears he has set up auto feedback so positive feedback is left automatically for a buyer immediately after payment.

As a buyer I leave feedback accordingly after the purchase has concluded. In this instance I would leave neutral or neg stating the seller cancelled after payment, depending on buyer/seller communications.

I was under the impression that all interactions concerning a cancelled sale, all feedback and comments are removed. That is not the case. So if Doug had received a negative feedback it would remain ?

D/P

D/P