News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lot of 9 phones

Started by Greg G., June 13, 2014, 10:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Some interesting, some ok, some eh.  I saw this on CL and decided to take a closer look.  The ad didn't include the COCOT payphone I got, so I made an offer on that too.  My offer was the cash I had on hand, $112 for all 9, which he accepted.  That comes to $12.44 each, minus the 35ยข I found in the payphone, so about $12.40 each.  Some were a bargain at that much, (the working COCOT), some it was maybe the average, some a little high, but whatever.

What I came away with:

1.  Working COCOT

2.  Black 10-62 500

3.  Green 3-67 1500D

4.  Yellow 12-61 554, refurbed in 74.

5.  Red 500 with mixed dates.  Network and ringer are dated 4-54, triangular leather feet, but the bottom is badly rusted.  It looked a lot better in the CL pic, so that one was a disappointment, but it has a nice long, thick red line cord that I really wanted.

6.  Beige modular 500 with a base and network date of 3-54, C4A ringer dated 8-56.

7.  Brown modular ITT 500.

8.  White rotary Trimline.

9.  Brown rotary Trimline.

I'll be posting these one at a time as I go through and examine them closer and test them for functionality.

Oh, and I came away with a good contact.  This guy is a partner in a property management company.  His job is to go in and clear out buildings.  He said he used to just park a dumpster(s) by the buildings and just fill them up.  He said that often the "dumpster divers" were all over it like flies, so he started bringing some stuff home.  He said he would keep my number for future phone artifacts.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WesternElectricBen

Great finds Briny, could you do a 'family photo?'

Ben

Greg G.

Here ya go:
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Matilo Telephones

Oh yes, very nice find!
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

twocvbloke

Quote from: Brinybay on June 13, 2014, 10:44:11 PM4.  Yellow 554, Refurbed in 74.  I don't know the actual manufacture date yet because I don't know how to get the cover off.

Unless it's been damaged or modified, there should be a little tab where the handset cable goes into the base of the phone, push that inwards and it should pop the cover off... :)

Greg G.

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 14, 2014, 06:04:01 AM
Quote from: Brinybay on June 13, 2014, 10:44:11 PM4.  Yellow 554, Refurbed in 74.  I don't know the actual manufacture date yet because I don't know how to get the cover off.

Unless it's been damaged or modified, there should be a little tab where the handset cable goes into the base of the phone, push that inwards and it should pop the cover off... :)

Found it, thanks.
- Mike Row
e